PDA

View Full Version : Feed my Disney obession!

xo0ally
05-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Going on intecot basically every day makes me want to go back to Disney even more. But of course i have to wait a whole year before i get to go back. In order to help my obssesion with going back does any one have any good books, cool facts, or any thing to help the mean time less painful? Thanks!:mickey:

diz_girl
05-13-2010, 03:20 PM
I like 'The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World' by Susan Veness. It has lots of little details that even frequent visitors to WDW don't know. There is so much information, that you definitely need multiple readings. It makes a great WDW reference book.

Zawadi
05-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Speaking from personal experience the following will help you :D

The Imagineering Field Guides for EPCOT, Magic Kingdon and Animal Kingdom are good.

Hidden Mickey book

Walt Disney World Trivia Book

xo0ally
05-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Thanks will look into these. Hopefully they will make this time less painful!

Pop Centurion
05-13-2010, 03:50 PM
I have "The Complete Walt Disney World 2009"
Has some great photo's and some interesting bits of info I was unaware of. Amazon has the 2010 version on sale for $16 if you're interested.

DisneyFan4Life
05-13-2010, 03:54 PM
For some Disney fiction adventure The Kingdom Keepers series is wonderfull.

The first book Kingdom Keepers, Disney At Dark takes place in the Magic Kingdom.
The 2nd book, Kingdom Keepers, Disney At Dawn, takes place in Animal Kingdom & Magic Kingdom.
The 3rd in the series, Kingdom Keepers, Disney in Shadow just came out in April takes place in Epcot. I just started reading the 3rd book.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Toy Story Midway Mania for the Wii!!!

DD and I are going to cream DH on our next trip :thumbsup:

plutosnana
05-13-2010, 06:36 PM
Going on intecot basically every day makes me want to go back to Disney even more. But of course i have to wait a whole year before i get to go back. In order to help my obssesion with going back does any one have any good books, cool facts, or any thing to help the mean time less painful? Thanks!:mickey:

U R SOOO NOT ALONE. I listen to www.live365.com look up wdw music and bam! But.....it makes it worse...:blush:

xo0ally
05-13-2010, 07:41 PM
U R SOOO NOT ALONE. I listen to www.live365.com look up wdw music and bam! But.....it makes it worse...:blush:

its the hardest thing ever having to wait! i'm sure reading all the books will make me want to go back 10x more

Frog
05-14-2010, 10:09 AM
I just finished using the program "photostory" to compile a "movie using pictures" of our last trip. It was very easy to do, but all it really did was "fan the flames" so to speak...haha! I would love to post it; is there a place to post such things around here??

MushuGrl
05-14-2010, 10:21 AM
I feel your pain! We're about a year and a half away (maybe - nothing's concrete).

If you're pretty good with layout programs, here's a neat idea. About five years or so ago, before my niece's first trip, I made her a Disney calendar. The subjects I used were (if I can remember) Hidden Mickeys, The Haunted Mansion ride and movie, POTC ride and movies, each park, the fireworks, the parades...that's all I can remember of the top of my head.

I also found a Disney timeline and plugged in historical events on the days, such as the opening of WDW, when Steamboat Willie premiered, etc.

As a side bar, I put up song lyrics to certain songs (etc. Grim Grinning Ghosts for HM feature, Yo Ho A Pirate's Life for Me for the POTC feature...on the month we were going the feature was "You're On Your Way" and I put the lyrics to "On My Way" from Brother Bear - she claims she now cries every time she hears that song!) and included a CD with all the songs on it.

I'm currently working on a second one for Christmas presents to my Disney friends. It's a TON of fun to do, and also takes quite a bit of time to put together - time flies, and you're immersing yourself in Disney while it's flying!

Fastpasssteve
05-14-2010, 10:54 AM
I like to go on the Flickr website and search for Disney photos. Most of these shots are by advanced amateurs and professional photographers. One can even download some (most) of the photos and make a slideshow in PowerPoint for you to enjoy. You could even create it so it looks like your path through the Magic Kingdom. One can find photos of all the parks, resorts, and transportation.