PDA

View Full Version : POR trundle??

4welches
05-13-2010, 01:34 PM
I've read that the trundle beds are for kids under 9. Is this a "disney" rule? We have 3 kids who will be 15,13, and 9 next year when we were planning on traveling. I was wondering if POR would work for us.

THANKS

Disneyfirsttimer
05-13-2010, 01:42 PM
We stayed in a POR trundle room but didn't need the trundle. My niece slept on the trundle and she is 12. So clearly she fit. But my nephew who is 5 was also in the room. They may not allow you to book that room with 5 unless at least 1 child is 5 or younger.

Others may know better.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Yes, POR could work for you.

The trundles are smaller beds, so they aren't suitable for teenagers, but for smaller kids they are just fine.

POR is a great option for staying on-site with a family of 5 :) Other options are some of the deluxe resorts, the Family Suites or a Cabin, all of which cost more than POR. :(

Fangorn
05-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Last December, DS who is 24 and 6'4" slept on the trundle for the couple of nights he was with us. Obviously his feet (and several inches of his legs) hung over the edge, but he said it was pretty comfortable and certainly better than sleeping on the floor. The bed is only a couple of inches off the ground so it's basically a mattress on the floor.

I don't believe you'll have any problems.

Steve

KarenP
05-13-2010, 03:58 PM
The trundle bed is 35" X 65" and not recommended for guests over 9 years of age.

RockinRobin
05-13-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm in my 60's and I slept in the trundle, I am short so it wasn't to bad, my adult daughter was having some problems so I let her sleep in the bed. The biggest problem I had was getting off the low bed, but it wasn't that bad it was ok for the few days we were there.

4welches
05-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Thanks. We are looking forward to staying at POR!