PDA

View Full Version : DDP confusion

pianobabe
05-13-2010, 12:49 PM
In the past I have always booked Magic Your Way packages, but now I am looking at the room only discount to see if it would be a better deal. If we got a room only discount, we would still have to buy park tickets. Since we would have to buy tickets, would we be eligible to buy the DDP? I think the answer is yes, but I am talking myself out of it. If so, how would we go about adding it on? Also, what is the cost of the QSDP and the DDP? (I knew at one point, but I can't find it in my notes.)
Thanks for your help!!

Goofy4TheWorld
05-13-2010, 12:53 PM
It is my understanding that you can take advantage of the room only discounts as a room-only reservation OR as a package reservation. However, you DO NOT have to buy tickets (package reservation) in order to get the room-only discount, but you can if you want to.

IF you want the dining plan, then you MUST book a package reservation, even if you are taking advantage of a room-only discount.

Figment104
05-13-2010, 01:28 PM
I had the same questions and Debbie from Magical Journeys was able to sort it all out for me, such a nice change from spending all that time on it myself.

You can get the room discount as a room only reservation, a MYW package with room and tickets, or a MYW pacakge with room, tickets and dinning plan. You would just need to see what works best for you, or contact MJ and let them help you out!

As for the dinning plan amounts I'm not sure what they are any longer myself. I'm sure someone will be along soon who can tell you though.

Hope that helps!

Figment!
05-13-2010, 01:34 PM
The Disney Dining Plan can only be added-on to Magic My Way packages.

It can not be added to room only reservations even if tickets are additionally purchased.

The only exception is for Disney Vacation Club members.

From Disney Dining Plan FAQ (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180)

Q: What is the Disney Dining Plan and how does it work?

A: The Disney Dining Plan is an add-on for the Magic My Way vacation package.

See the Disney Dining Plan (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/diningplan/default.asp) section for details on the Dining Plan eligibility and how it works.

Q: Do I need to purchase park passes for as many days as my Disney Dining Plan?

A: No. Although you need to purchase the Disney Dining Plan as part of a Magic My Way package, the Dining Plan length is tied to your Disney resort stay length.

Currently, Disney only requires guests to purchase a Magic My Way package with a 1-day park pass (per guest) in order to qualify for the Disney Dining Plan.

Q: I am a Disney Vacation Club member; do I have to purchase a package to use the Disney Dining Plan?

A: No. Disney Vacation Club Members can add the Disney Dining Plan to their reservation when using points to stay at Walt Disney World Disney Vacation Club resort. Members must book the Dining Plan in advance of arrival and it must be purchased for the entire travel party (ages 3 and over) for the entire length of stay. Disney Vacation Club Members can call Member Services to add the plan to their reservation.

Q: I have an Annual Pass, can I use the Disney Dining Plan?

A: Annual Passholders can use the Disney Dining Plan, but they must purchase a Magic My Way Vacation package at a rack rate. Disney offers the Disney Dining Experience card as a discount Dining program for Passholders.

See the Disney Dining Experience (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/dde.asp)section for details on the Disney Dining Experience.

Pirate Granny
05-13-2010, 02:09 PM
I have an annual pass, and the only way around purchasing the package, is to purchase it with only one day park ticket...you can get the dining plan for the entire stay. I think I have four 'day' passes from various trips...one day I'll turn them all in and use the costs against my annual pass...I didn't use them, they are all sitting, waiting patiently on my room keys from those trips.
:pirate:

DizneyRox
05-13-2010, 02:26 PM
I think I have four 'day' passes from various trips...one day I'll turn them all in and use the costs against my annual pass..
You can only use one ticket per upgrade, so don't hang onto them too long... I use single day tickets for weekend getaways, I can usually get a cheap room and a cheap airfare, however the tickets are more often than not a deal breaker.

KylesMom
05-13-2010, 02:46 PM
The cost of the dining plan has been adjusted by date this year - just for yucks I had MJ quote it for us (July 24-August 7) & it was $46.99 per person, per day. We're A/P & TiW members, so the price jump really made it higher priced than the TiW benefit we currently receive.

You can only use one ticket per upgrade, so don't hang onto them too long Yep, had that confirmed for me last year when we did two 4/3 packages which were cheaper than any other option. We'll be using one each of our base tix towards our A/P this year, and I guess we'll be saving the others for the year 2012 when we'll next need A/Ps!

pianobabe
05-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Thanks everyone. In looking at all of the numbers, I think it is going to be cheaper to keep the package we already have. I appreciate all the help.

Toodle
05-17-2010, 07:04 PM
We are Annual Passholders and we can add the dining plan to our room only reservation - we do not need to buy any tickets.