PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on parks

Eponine
05-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Hi Everyone,

So, here's my situation: I'm going to WDW Nov 12-- 20. On our last day we love doing EPCOT in the evening and IllumiNations. However, this year, EPCOT will have EEH on the 19th (last year it was AK). So, I'm worried about the crowds. We would show up to EPCOT around 6:30 pm, eat dinner, see IllumiNations and go back to the hotel after.

Keep in mind that HS, MK will both close at 7pm and AK closes at 5pm.

Also, on the 18th, we want to do HS mainly to see Osborne Lights (park closes at 7pm) but I just realized that this was one of the 2 times that week that they will be having F! Again, we would get into the park around 5pm or so, maybe do a few ride prior to seeing the lights.

So, due to the crowd levels at the time (last year it was low, low, low but I'm not sure what this year will be like), would you switch the two days to avoid F! crowds and EEH crowds?

If we do, I would plan a nice dinner on the 19th after we see the Osborne Lights (if they are showing at the time).

Or should I keep with my original plan? :confused:

Thanks so much for your help!!!!

SBETigg
05-13-2010, 09:52 AM
Your instincts are right on. In the first place, Epcot is definitely more crowded during EMH nights. If you were planning to stay late and take advantage of the later hours, not a bad deal. But if you're going for the sole reason of catching Illuminations, you're going to be dealing with a larger crowd than you'll find on a non-EMH day.

In the second place, DHS is more crowded on the Fantasmic show nights. Will you be caught in the pre-show crowd as you try to take in the lights? Quite possibly. I would consider switching your schedule around. (And hi, I'm also from the Springfield area!)

Eponine
05-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Hi SBETigg,

Thank you so much for your help on this! I'm looking for other's opinions who have done EEH (I try to avoid them at all cost!!) :mickey:

I'm sure like all Disney Fans I second guess myself when it comes to planning. And I'm a planner.

And it's nice to see a fellow Disney Fan from this area :number1:

Stu29573
05-13-2010, 10:06 AM
It looks like our trips overlap this year. Although I'm planning on being at Epcot that night, we aren't leaving until a few days later, and don't have to see Illuminations at that time. I would agree that for hanging out in the countries all night (which we plan to do) the larger crowds are not a problem. However, if you want a good view of Illuminations, there could be an issue...

Eponine
05-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Stu29573 than you so much for your input on this. I apprecaite it.

I think do EP on 11/18 and HS on 11/19 and avoiding both EEH and F! will be my best bet!!

Oh did I tell you that my first weekend down there (11/12 -- 11/14) is the LAST weekend of the F&W Festival? Last year it was the week prior. ARGH!!!! Why do they have to change things??? :mad:

Thanks again for your help.

joonyer
05-13-2010, 11:17 AM
It will be more crowded than a non-EMH night, but I'm not so sure that will mean too much in mid-November. The crowds won't really be much until the next week (Thanksgiving Holiday). And on EMH nights, the majority of the extra people in the park are there to ride the attractions that are open late, so I don;t think you would have a hard time getting a good viewing spot for Illuminations. If I were you and it was important to see it on our last night, I wouldn't change my plans.
Our family tradition is to see wishes on our last night of Disney vacations, and we go even on EMH nights. It's crowded, but we don't let that deter us. We have enjoyed WDW at really peak-crowded times, so the crowds during non-peak seasons don't really bother us.

Stu29573
05-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Stu29573 than you so much for your input on this. I apprecaite it.

I think do EP on 11/18 and HS on 11/19 and avoiding both EEH and F! will be my best bet!!

Oh did I tell you that my first weekend down there (11/12 -- 11/14) is the LAST weekend of the F&W Festival? Last year it was the week prior. ARGH!!!! Why do they have to change things??? :mad:

Thanks again for your help.

No problem at all! I'm just looking forward to the Candlelight Processional schedule! :D

Eponine
05-13-2010, 11:55 AM
joonyer thanks for your help.

I was thinking on the last night if we do HS, Osborne Lights, dinner and then catch Wishes from our hotel (Poly) at 9:30 pm. MVMXP will be going on that night and we love sitting on the beach and watching them.

So, I think it would be fun night anyway. And if I can avoid the crowds, I rather do that.

Now....where to eat dinner our last night???