PDA

View Full Version : Just made my November ADR's!!

phlo8810
05-12-2010, 07:44 PM
The ones with * are first times. Would appreciate reviews for those if you can.

D Flying Fish Cafe
B Kona Cafe*
D Narcoosees
D Tutto Italia
L Sci-Fi Dine-In
D Le Cellier
B Tusker House
D Yak & Yeti*
D Les Chefs de FRance
D Yachtsman Steakhouse*
D Flying Fish
D Citricos*
B Crystal Palace
D Coral Reef*
D Spirit of Aloha*
L Cap n Jacks
B 1900 Park Fare*
D California Grill
B Kouzzinas*

pdrlkr
05-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Wow! That's a lot of ADRs! :thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
05-12-2010, 10:04 PM
WOW is right...how many nights are you down there for?

hummm...I've been to Kona, Yak & Yeti, the YC Steakhouse (very good, very expensive); and Coral Reef...the steak at the Coral Reef is good too...Kona and Y&Y were nice...love the food. As you've been to half of them, I would assume you like them already...Both Boma and Jiko are great places at AKL...worth the trip if you can squeeze them in.
:pirate:

jmj18
05-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Not sure what meal you are eating at Kona.....BUT breakfast is fantastic!!!!

TONGA TOAST!!!!!!

We eat here every trip for breakfast and have not been disappointed!

ENJOY!!!!

dream6
05-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Out of the ones that are first times for you I've eaten at Yak & Yeti, Yachtsman Steakhouse, and Citricos. And honestly I only have good things to say about all of them.

At Yak & Yeti, I don't know if I was starving or what, but the jasmine rice tasted sooo good. And I can't seem to duplicate it at home! Also, we lucked into this, but if you eat around the time the parade is going on and you eat upstairs over by the windows it passes right underneath so you can see everything!

Yachtsman was very good too. I had the steak (of course) and we probably had the best service here. Our waiter, (Oscar if you see him!) was amazing. He was so personable and it was almost like his sole mission to ensure we enjoyed our meal. He made you feel like family. And when he learned I was going on to grad school he gave me a lucky Disney pen - which I filled out my applications with - and I just found out I was accepted! So I guess he was right!

It's been a few years since I ate at Citrico's, but we ate here on Valentine's Day and all the girls received roses :mickey: Also, if you can sit along the windows you have a perfect view of the castle. I don't remember a whole lot about the meal though, sorry! :secret:

Hope this was helpful! And I hope you have such great experiences as well!

Fastpasssteve
05-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Kona Care and 1900 Park Fare are two of my favorite places for breakfast in WDW. These are two solid choices.

Yak & Yeti is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I've had both lunch and dinner there and the food is wonderful. I also enjoy the decor in all the rooms. Colorful, thoughtful, and diverse. As far as an Asian restaurant, this one has taken the place of Nine Dragons in my mind.

yjgirl32
05-13-2010, 09:48 AM
I have been to Coral Reef- which I love and is a must for our Disney trips. My DS6 requests it. I had a wonderful meal here and for our anniversary we got a glass of champagne and strawberries plus extra desserts for free and our son wanted extra carrots and the waitress was so impressed she gave him a free light-up tink. Very nice. Good luck.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-13-2010, 10:54 AM
I can tell you about Kona's breakfast...it was the best breakfast we've had on Disney Property and one of the best meals...

We were a party of three and had:

Steak and Eggs-Very Good
Tonga Toast-Very, very good
Big Kahuna-awesome, it has a little of everything including the killer pineapple macademia nut pancakes

Also, they have really good coffee

CaptSmee
05-13-2010, 07:20 PM
WoW! That is a whole lotta ADR's! But...here's my two bits on where we've eaten at...

The ones with * are first times. Would appreciate reviews for those if you can.

D Flying Fish Cafe
B Kona Cafe* - Excellent place for breakfast. Tonga Toast is exceptional, but very sugary. Rest of the menu is good as well though.
D Narcoosees - Awesome seafood, if you like seafood! I loved the location eating at a window seat on the lake & the scallops I had were the best I've ever had! I loved it here.
D Tutto Italia
L Sci-Fi Dine-In - Our favorite place to have lunch not just in DHS, but pretty much in all of WDW! Definitely the best themed restaurant around. Pricey for pretty standard fare, but again the themeing is amazing.
D Le Cellier - Very pricey, but alas a good steakhouse where I've never had the steak. I sure have eaten a lot of pretzel bread from there though!
B Tusker House
D Yak & Yeti* - Average chinese food in a nice location. The restaurant is surprisingly large with mult levels to it.
D Les Chefs de FRance
D Yachtsman Steakhouse* - Actually, I like this steakhouse over Le Cellier. The surf and turf was outstanding!
D Flying Fish
D Citricos*
B Crystal Palace - A magical way to start the day with Pooh & friends.
D Coral Reef* - probably my 2nd favorite themed restaurant with a killer view of the aquarium. Lunch is much preferred over dinner.
D Spirit of Aloha* - Kinda hokey, but still entertaining luaua. Not really traditional at all and don't expect to be blown away by the food. It's all very average, but definitely has it's Disney spin to it.
L Cap n Jacks
B 1900 Park Fare* - Typical breakfast buffet with nothing too special about it. Probably my least favorite character meal. Pales in comparison to Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, Akershus, Ohana, or Cindy's Castle.
D California Grill - Phenomonal meal at a phenomonal price. High end restaurant and for sure one of the best on WDW property. Enjoy the views on the balcony that only guests of the restaurant can enjoy.
B Kouzzinas*

BigThunderFan
05-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Are you going into the parks at all or just eating??

D Flying Fish Cafe
B Kona Cafe* Loved Kona - Tonga Toast
D Narcoosees
D Tutto Italia
L Sci-Fi Dine-In
D Le Cellier - Excellent steak, don't forget the cheese soup!
B Tusker House
D Yak & Yeti*
D Les Chefs de FRance
D Yachtsman Steakhouse*
D Flying Fish
D Citricos*
B Crystal Palace - Perfect start to the day, good characters and good food
D Coral Reef*
D Spirit of Aloha*
L Cap n Jacks
B 1900 Park Fare*
D California Grill
B Kouzzinas*

Disney4us2
05-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Wow.... I thought I made a lot of ADR's. You have me beat:mickey:

I have had the dinner at 1900 Park Fare twice before and have ADR for Oct. I love the decor and the food was good. I am looking forward to seeing the step sisters. Last trip they were not there. They had the two mice, Suzie and Perla.

Travelfanatic1
10-20-2013, 08:29 AM
I have made advance dining reservations for the Flying Fish Café during our November trip, does anyone know what the average cost would be for two adults and what plates are the most filling?

My husband likes lots of food so, a couple springs of asparagus and a small piece of fish probably won't be enough, suggestions?:)

Thanks!

amorillo
10-20-2013, 10:53 AM
never too many adrs for our family! our trips are just as much about the food as they are about the rides! :D

Of your "first time" list...
I can say kona is amazing for breakfast! we tried it for the first time last oct and... we're going twice next year! lol. the tonga toast and the steak and eggs were beyond yummy! And the kona press pot coffee is perfect. Definitely one of the best breakfast options at wdw.

Yak & Yeti was a pleasant surprise (also a first time on our last trip) both the mahi-mahi and the salmon were perfect. and the won-tons at dessert were so good. would definitely eat here again.

Citricos (another first) was amazing. We had the tofu (very tasty), scallops, and the filet! No need for a knife with the filet! Makes my mouth water just thinking about it! Our family was seated near the dessert bar, so we could see them being made. And yes, they are as tasty as they look!

Coral Reef (oct was our 2nd time) unfortunately I have nothing positive to say here. We had the steak (over done), lobster pasta (just so so), and the veggie noodle bowl (again just ok). Unfortunately this was our last day meal... and it just left us disappointed. We will definitely try again in the future... especially since we loved our meal when we dined there several years ago.

1900 park fare-breakfast It can get a bit loud, but our family of 6 didn't really mind. Great character interaction. And the buffet is good. my DS18 insists on having several breakfast buffets... and we weren't disappointed. Love the omelet station. The cast member working that station was a master of his craft :) and I made sure to tell him so!

There are a few we haven't tried... we are on a quest to eat everywhere! lol But your list looks great to me!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Here are the others we ate at:

1900 Park Fare Breakfast-Loved, loved the character interaction, the food was just standard buffet good but nothing great like the food at Kona

Sci Fi Lunch-Its been a while but we ate lunch there once it was just okay. Its more about the atmosphere here than the food.

Chefs De France dinner-once again it was good but not spectacular.

LeCellier Dinner-this is probably our second favorite dinner ever (Ohana 1st) We ate there when it was one credit for dinner-had cheese soup, french onion soup-both were to die for and the filets were yummy-my mom's prime rib was the best and the maple creme brulee is sinful.

ginny57
10-21-2013, 03:05 PM
B Kona Cafe - this has become a must do for breakfast for us. You will LOVE it!

D Tutto Italia - had a birthday dinner there a few years ago. Enjoyed the food and the service was good as well.

D Le Cellier - another must do. Pricey but I just love the atmosphere. Servers have always been great and food has always been fab.

D Les Chefs De France - just had dinner there a few weeks ago. Food was good. Tables are tight and it was a bit noisy. Amazed at the number of kids running around but that's their parents fault!

L Cap n Jacks-was closed when I was there - ate there a few years back and enjoyed it but you do need to make another selection. I just ate dinner at the Lava Lounge and would recommend that - no ADR needed!

B 1900 Park Fare* - its been ages but the buffet had a lot to offer and the characters were terrific!

Middle of the Map
10-21-2013, 05:37 PM
I have eaten at the following locations in the past 12 months:

B Kona Cafe* - one of my all-time favorites - everything is good, and service first-rate.

D Yak & Yeti* - location was delightful and service was good. Some items were better than others. A bit pricey for what you get.

Looking forward to your review of Kouzzinas, a place I would love to try.

mickclub1955
10-29-2013, 07:51 PM
does anyone realize that the original post is over three years old:(

Pally
10-30-2013, 01:53 PM
:rotfl::funny::haha::haha::jaw:
does anyone realize that the original post is over three years old:(

I guess someone did a search and brought up a really, really old post. I will admit I read it without looking at the date. :blush: