PDA

View Full Version : Tapestry of Nations Parade

Ltmoko
05-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Does anyone else miss this? This was our favorite...would love to see it again. Wife loved the music.

big blue and hairy
05-12-2010, 06:30 PM
I agree, I loved the parade, and the music. The problem was, the times DW and I were there it got cancelled for wind more than it actually was performed. Those puppets were great, but unfortunately, they were also pretty good kites, so any wind, and cancellation...

:sulley:

olivegirl
05-12-2010, 06:51 PM
We love love love this parade!!! We never miss it! :thumbsup:

sorcerer fan
05-12-2010, 07:10 PM
really got into the drums in this parade. the sound was great.

DizneyRox
05-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Probably one of the most memorable parades at WDW. Bad location, Epcot, and caused a lot of problems navigating WS, but still my favorite!

Fastpasssteve
05-12-2010, 09:31 PM
I have heard many people say how much they miss this parade. At the time 'Tapestry' was happening, I still hadn't caught the Disney bug and was unaware. What was this parade like? There are no descriptions of what it looked like.

Polynesian Dweller
05-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Probably one of the most memorable parades at WDW. Bad location, Epcot, and caused a lot of problems navigating WS, but still my favorite!

Well said! When it was on getting around WS was very hard, almost impossible. If you had ADRs in any pavillion except Mexico and Canada it was a real problem to get there.

But it may have been the most innovative and beautiful parade they have done. Love the others but this stood out.

Fastpasssteve, search for it on YouTube. There are postings there. It's hard to explain in words.

Pixie Power
05-12-2010, 09:57 PM
We LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this parade and mention it every time we're in Epcot.

Pirate Granny
05-12-2010, 09:57 PM
I took the behind the scene tour at EPCOT and the CM told us that it was a logistical nightmare...first if you recall there was one parade, but it took too much time to make the entire loop around the lake...then they had either two or three, identical parades that started a different points along the lake...She also said that there were many accidents, of people darting in front of the parade people on stilts...I have wonderful pictures of me dancing with one (was selected out of the crowd)...It truly was the best parade disney every put on...some of those stilt people are in the AK parade...but not the same music or drums...those drums were wonderful.
:pirate:

dream6
05-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Those puppets were great, but unfortunately, they were also pretty good kites, so any wind, and cancellation...

:sulley:
haha I never thought of that! (I mean it's not really funny if someone got hurt, but I just had an image of flying people...) I loved this parade - probably my favorite Disney one. This came out around the time when I was just catching the Disney bug. I remember one of the puppets pulling my cousin out of the crowd to dance with him.

brownie
05-13-2010, 08:48 AM
We miss it. I wish we could see it again. We enjoy listening to our Millennium Celebration CD, but it's not quite the same.

KylesMom
05-13-2010, 09:36 AM
We, too miss this parade immensely. Every once in awhile, DS will ask me if there's any news to bring it back . . . he was also chosen to "dance" with a puppet & the music brings back great memories of our first family trip in '00. Hmmm - I think I'll queue up my Millennium CD! :mickey:

DizNee143
05-13-2010, 09:55 AM
LOVE this parade..so sad they got rid of it..
disney always seems to get rid of the good stuff and keeps the stupid stuff..i dont get it lol..
my sisters friend use to be in that parade!! i remember always trying to find her in there!
i listen to the music all the time in my car of this parade and of illuminations! :mickey:

ransam
05-13-2010, 10:19 AM
i'd chime in w/ the fact that i thought it was an awesome parade as well..
I had gone to disney in 1999 and heard about the parade during the planning stage. but wasn't prepared for how awesome it was. i think we saw it 2 or 3 times that trip, and when we went back to disney in 2003, it was gone. I really wanted my sister and friend to see it.

MMFreak
05-13-2010, 01:06 PM
I loved this parade too!:thumbsup:

Goofster
05-13-2010, 01:30 PM
I loved that parade. One of the many reasons why the Millenium Celebration is, and probably will remain, my favorite "celebration."

lettripp
05-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Oh my goodness I remember this -- I was young, but remember it! How cool would it be if that came back!

barbiegirl314
05-13-2010, 01:46 PM
I loved this parade. My son loved when he used when they would collect their wishes during the parade. I still have the sound track to this!

Fangorn
05-13-2010, 03:12 PM
I am not a parade person at all, but Tapestry of Nations/Tapestry of Dreams was truly amazing. Much more 'theatre' than 'parade'. The music was such an integral part of the whole experience. At least I have the CD of that, and if you hang around after Illuminations, they still play some of the parade music.

Steve

Disney Doodle
05-13-2010, 05:57 PM
All our family loved this parade. The music, puppets, costumes along with those awesome drums.

It was a very warm and emotional parade and would leave me feeling tingley afterwards.

Angie

GreenB
05-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Oh Yes.
We enjoyed very much this parade.
I sill remember how amazed our kids were with the butterfly puppets and the drums. And I still remember of those times every time I hear the music at the end of "Illuminations"
Nowdays the kids are growing up and the parade is gone....

Daisy'sMom
05-13-2010, 07:11 PM
It was the best. I still hear the music in my head. :mickey:

Bethanymouse
05-13-2010, 07:31 PM
I remember this parade! It was a good one! Kind of miss having an Epcot parade, I think it might be a nice addition for a brief period of time.

I picked up the cd a few years ago at a garage sale for a dollar! It is one of my favorites!

TheVBs
05-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Loved that parade! We saw it twice, first in 1999 and again in 2002. Our oldest DD was just 2 then and the look on her face watching that parade was priceless!

Ltmoko
05-15-2010, 06:09 PM
It was our first parade. We were in disney on our honeymoon. We just pulled out our CD......Wish we were in disney.....

Granny Jill A
05-17-2010, 02:54 PM
This was my favorite parade, and YES, I do miss it. We were there in December of 2000, and I didn't know anything about the parade. When the lights went down and the music started - WOW!! The drums gave me chills, and the dancers were extraordinary. I was absolutely mesermerized by the performance, although I didn't get to stay for the whole thing.

I have the CD that reminds me of this most beautiful parade.

magicalmom
05-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Amen. I really miss the Tapestries.