PDA

View Full Version : Visa Disney Dream Reward Dollars

Lodger
05-12-2010, 05:49 PM
I have accumulated over $200 reward dollars on my Disney Visa and now I would like to give them to my son who will be in the World this summer. The problem is my son and I do not share the same first name, so I'm worried if I give him the reward card he won't be able to use it. Does anyone know if they ask for I.D. when you use the card in the parks? I would hate to give it to him and have him denied. Thanks.

Itchy
05-12-2010, 06:40 PM
I have given my daughter who is now married my reward card and she used it without any problem.

I dont know that I have ever been asked for I.D. except when using the actual credit card.

Hope this helps... 9 days and counting till next visit.:mickey:

SallyP
05-12-2010, 06:56 PM
If there is a way to transfer reward dollars to a gift card that would be the surest way not to run into any problems. But I don't know if you can do that outside the parks. As the other op mentioned, I have never been asked for ID when using the Rewards Card.

Zippy 1
05-12-2010, 07:25 PM
I have never had any problems using a rewards card with a name other than my own. I used a friends at Christmas time since she knew she wouldn't use it before it expired.

Lodger
05-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Thank you for your replies. I feel better now.

LVT
06-14-2010, 12:00 AM
I thought they were like a cash card. That includes easily stolen and used by anyone.

In my dreams
06-15-2010, 08:39 PM
If there's time, I would use the Rewards card to buy a Gift Card.
A few years ago, I gave my daughter the rewards card so she could get all the water, snacks, she wanted and I wouldn't have to fish in MY wallet. She was asked for ID a few times. She was 16 then.

PirateLover
06-15-2010, 09:14 PM
"In my dreams," that is really weird that your daughter was asked for ID. I don't recall my Rewards Points Card ever even having my name on it. I could be wrong though but the last two times I've cashed in my points at a customer service desk at the parks where they give you a generic card, you call the number and punch in your info to activate, and voila- It's basically just like a gift card. Even with the age consideration, I was a secondary user on my mom's Disney Visa when I was 16, so it's not impossible for someone that young to have a credit card... odd!

In my dreams
06-16-2010, 08:31 PM
Come to think of it- it was the VISA debit card she was asked ID for. I had ordered (2) $50 reward cards at the time for DDand DS thinking I would get a third for the remainding balance-not realizing I could only get two cards. So I took "hers" added the balance and got the Visa one for her to use.
Aside from all that... it was nice giving the kids something they could use w/o always hearing "mom, can I have $$$ for ...."

#1disneyfan
06-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Just ordered mine!

Does anyone know.. how easy is it to add to the balance before leaving??

I usually order my card a month prior to leaving, which is where we are now, but I still haven't booked my airfare and the disney trip hasn't posted to my DD reward acct. They are set to be there on the 3rd. Anyone encounter this?

Kim Possible
06-20-2010, 10:17 PM
I use my mom's rewards card all the time, never been asked for ID, mainly because it doesn't have a name on it I think