PDA

View Full Version : Ride Wait-Time App for phone

dinahvixen
05-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Just curious how accurate those ride wait times are on the app for the droid - it's called Ride Hopper and people can enter in the wait time of all the rides at Disney - has anyone used them - if so how accurate are they?

We are going in early June of next year and I want to check in occasionally to the app to see what to expect next year, but I would like to know if anyone using them at the parks has found them to be accurate -
Thanks -

MMFreak
05-12-2010, 03:52 PM
I have the same app and I am curious too. I tend to believe that it is quite accurate as I have watched the wait times during times that we have gone before and they seem to be what we used to wait. I just bought the full version as the lite version you could not use to mark wait times and I wanted to be able to do this when we go in August.

It would be nice to hear from someone that has actually utilized the app while at the Parks.

phlo8810
05-12-2010, 07:38 PM
I have two of them. The free one which is called WDW wait times is very accurate and constantly downloading updates.

I paid for another one and I do not think it is accurate at all. For instance it does not tell you rides that are closed and the times do not seem to change that much. That one is called Lines At Walt Disney World. They are both iphone apps. I leave tomorrow so I will report on just how accurate they are.

Jillirose
05-12-2010, 07:44 PM
We were there in Feb and my husband rated his iphone app for waittimes at Disney 'average' I think they are probably closer the busier it is... It all depends on how many people are logging on and reporting the time.

crltkcagle
05-12-2010, 08:32 PM
I will be there in 8 days and plan on using our iphone apps. We have two. I will report back and let you know how accurate they are.

dinahvixen
05-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Thanks! I'll look for the update. A lot of the wait time updates look like they're usually an hour or so since the update.

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
05-14-2010, 07:29 PM
so do you all know if any of these apps are available for the blackberry?

4myprincesses
05-15-2010, 09:38 AM
leaving tomorrow :mickey:

That said, I plan on using Lines It is available for Palm (LOVE my palm and it's multi-app capabilities!), Android, iphone, and Blackberry....probably a couple others, but I do remember those. I found it at a website about Disney touring plans and it's getting very good press.

I've played around with it a bit and love it so far. Current wait times, parade and firework schedules, crowd levels at each park, EMH and special events are listed, and i is all very basic and easy to access. I will report back at some point on accuracy and let you all know how well the app works.

must go finish packing:mickey:

dinahvixen
05-15-2010, 03:52 PM
I will check it out...
Okay - I just did, WDW lines (on Droid) looks like it uses stats along with user input? But it's also 9 dollars for to subscribe for the year. The info on the rides I was allowed to see on the free version of WDW lines was different from Ride Hopper. Ride Hopper had Pooh at a 60 minute wait, Astro Orbiters at 20, and Haunted Mansion at 30, while WDW lines had them at 49, 37, and 29 minutes respectively. That's a 10 minute difference at Pooh, and HM was essentially the same, but that's about a 20 minute difference at AO, and that's where it makes a difference waiting in line with small kids. Thanks to anyone who is going or who is there who can give their input on these different apps.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-15-2010, 07:08 PM
We used the free WDW Wait Times on our iphone and checked it several times two weeks ago. We found it was pretty accurate! :wave:

HoosierDisneyFan
05-15-2010, 07:59 PM
I used the iPhone "WDW Wait Times" App when I was in the World during Spring Break. Fairly accurate but it is dependent on guest imput (not tied in to the actual Disney wait time computer).

dinahvixen
05-15-2010, 11:01 PM
Is there an official Disney wait time computer to hook up to? I have droid service, so I haven't seen the WDW wait time app for droid, yet.

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
05-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Is there an official Disney wait time computer to hook up to? I have droid service, so I haven't seen the WDW wait time app for droid, yet.

You can go to the Disney mobile website at m.disneyworld.go.com (hopefully I won't get a slap on the wrist for putting an external link here because it's an official Disney website).

This will give you some good details about hours, parade times, and SOME info on wait times, although it's not specific. The wait times say either see now, moderate, or crowded (crowded may not be the exact phrase).

It's a good tool, but not too specific about wait times, AND it's free!

dinahvixen
05-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Thanks! I'll check it out...

buzznwoodysmom
05-16-2010, 05:05 PM
We used WDW Wait Times on DH's iphone during Thanksgiving week and over all it was mostly accurate. This app does depend on user input so we found at the end of the night, when there weren't many people in the parks anymore, many of the times were way off. Like an attraction would have a wait time of 50 minutes listed, but it was actually only a 10 minute wait. However, when the times were way off these times hadn't been updated, according to the app, in hours. It was good enough for us since it was a free app.

Genie1953
05-16-2010, 05:58 PM
I had never seen the mobile website for Disneyworld...it is great!

4myprincesses
05-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Just got back and I have to say, I am impressed with "Lines" overall.

It gives you a daily crowd forcast so you can go to the best bet park for less crowds, listings of extra magic hours, and the wait times for rides. It updates when a ride is closed temporarily due to rain or whatnot. Also, when there aren't people submitting wait times (it is user submitted) it uses past data to forcast a wait time and we found these to be fairly accurate. Also, it had an hourly forcast of what the wait times would be throughout the day.

Another handy thing that we used more than I though was that it told if a ride was giving out fast passes, what time those were currently issued for, and it gave a forcast for when they would be depleted for the day.

I would say it was well worth the $9. I did have a discount code, but I would pay full price to have all this at my fingertips.

FutureCorpsFan
06-02-2010, 03:42 PM
For any phone with a mobile internet browser, there is a moble web page sponsored by Disney. I found it to be pretty accurate for wait times and for all of the latest stuff. I like reading it when I'm not there... makes me feel like I know what's going on.

http://m.disneyworld.go.com

crltkcagle
06-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Just got back and we used WDW wait times. It was very accurate! I like it better than the other app lines.