PDA

View Full Version : Owner's Locker Question

Disney_Barbie
05-12-2010, 02:09 PM
(sorry, I didn't know where to place this, feel free to move it)
We are not yet users of the Owner's Locker service, but have been considering it for quite some time. I have an odd question about the Owner's Locker serivce : Is there anyway to add things to my box other then when it's literally in my hotel room? Like is there anyway I could mail a box of items & have them "dumped" into my owner's locker? I know that's kind of an odd question, and I'm assuming the answer is no, but I just thought I would ask.
I was thinking how nice that would be if I could literally mail off a box now w/ items such as my shampoo, our coffee pods, etc etc. and have them popped right into my owners locker for me.
I know I can mail this directly to my resort, there is a method to my madness, I'm asking because...
1) I know my resort charge a pretty hefty package handeling fee
2) I figured then I could just send it now & get it out of the way instead of waiting until just a few day shy of our trip (when I'm SWAMPED) to drive down to the post office & ship it off to my resort
3) and lastly, I figured it would be just one less thing to receive when we get there (instead of getting a grocery delivery, a package delivery AND the owner's locker) haha, just figured I might be able to kill 2 birds with one stone.

But like I said, I'm assuming you can't do that, but figured I'd ask just in case!

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-12-2010, 03:43 PM
From the owner's locker site:

Can I have items delivered to my Locker?
Not really. We don’t open Lockers and if you did have something shipped to us we could not place the items in your Locker. We would have to deliver it separately along with your Locker. The best solution is to ship any items you’d like in your Locker directly to your resort.

Sounds like for the first trip, you still have to get everything down to Disney (or buy it there). For the next trips, you just have to get your locker delivered.

Basket Mommy
05-12-2010, 09:01 PM
The lockers are zip-tied shut by the owners before they are returned to Owner's Locker. They won't open them.

When we first got our locker we made a list of everything we wanted to put in it, then bought all of that during a Wal Mart trip and stocked the locker. Then we took pictures of everything we put into the locker so we could remember exactly what's in it and what needs to be replaced every trip.

DonLefNY
05-12-2010, 09:32 PM
The Zip Ties are serial numbered so you can record the number to verify yours has not been opened. Some people use small locks on theirs, but the Zip Ties are supplied free of charge by Owners Locker.