PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy and Deluxe Dining plan

jenperich
05-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Hello all! I have asked multiple questions about being pregnant in Disney...as I hope to be in October when we go. However, I haven't asked this one yet.

Has anyone been pregnant @ WDW and been on the Deluxe Dining plan?

This is our plan for right now. All ADRs have been made, and we're very excited to have an "all-out" Disney trip before starting a family. However, I'm getting a little nervous now that it'll be too much food for me, if I'm pregnant. Please help!

Michelle15
05-12-2010, 11:44 AM
No food is too much food when you are pregnant!:D Well that is if you don't get morning sickness.:ack: I was one of the lucky ones not to be sick when I was pregnant with my DD. :thumbsup: Good luck:mickey:

DizneyRox
05-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Even with the normal DDP it's way more food than we would normally eat (and should eat for that matter). Because of that, it's never been a "value". I wouldn't even think of the deluxe dining plan.

Going from restaurant to restaurant I've found is not enjoyable at the parks. FIgure an hour and 1/2 for the meal and allow another hour to get to where you want to go (or back to where you've been). Do that twice a day and you've eaten most of your day (pardon the pun).

BrerGnat
05-12-2010, 02:14 PM
I agree that I would never do the DxDP, even not pregnant.

I went to WDW when I was 12 weeks pregnant and wasn't particularly ravenous, although I didn't have morning sickness either. I ate a couple sit down meals, but not one every day, and never more than one!

I would think that it will be WAY too much food. Oftentimes, when you're pregnant, you can only eat small amounts at a time, or else suffer heartburn and indigestion. The huge meals that are part of the dining plan (even the regular one) would be too much, I think.

Sorry, but I would downgrade IF you do get pregnant. For now, if you don't mind all the time eating (figure on 2 hours per meal) plus the transport time to get to the restaurant (could be a few hours each day), and are okay with being out of the parks that much, then keep things as they are.

Jillirose
05-12-2010, 07:54 PM
We did the Table Service plan in February and it was just right, if not more than we needed with all the desserts! I wish they would let you pick appetizer/salad or dessert:number1:

Fastpasssteve
05-12-2010, 11:49 PM
I am a big boy who sets 3 alarm clock to make sure I don't miss a meal, and even I would struggle to eat three table service meals a day. Gosh, Perhaps if it were a short trip and there were no buffets in my future, there might be a chance. Good luck.

renecat
05-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Last year we did Deluxe dinning and it was to much food. I know you said you ADR's are already made so I don't know if you would be willing to change things up. This year in Oct we are doing deluxe again with a slight change. We love some of the signature resturants. So we have ADR's at Narcoosee's Artist Point, Circos, Yachtmans,& Cali grill. This way we will not be eating three time every day. The days we are eating three times are the days we plan to be at the parks early and leave late so we can space out our meals better. We are staying 8 nights so that does leave us with only three days to have three meals. Hope what ever you have planned works out for you. Have a great time!!

DizNee143
05-13-2010, 12:51 PM
i went to disney this past Sept while i was 30 weeks pregnant..
and i really didnt eat all that much..and i was at my prime then..thats when i was eating the most...but i think 3 sit down meals a day is a bit much being pregnant or not..but to each his own on that..
i dont like any of the dining plans..i rather just pay outta pocket for everything..
i snacked alot on this vacation while i was pregnant..and i drank more..thats for sure..
although my sister is 16 weeks pregnant now and WOW she can pack it away..
i guess it will depend..every pregnant woman is different!

AmandaChan
05-13-2010, 04:05 PM
When you're walking around a park all day you will find yourself a lot hungrier than you might expect. Also there is no guarantee that you will be sick! If you are one of the unfortunate ones to get really sick while pregnant like myself Zofran does wonders (if it was bad enough)... I took Zofran my entire pregnancy.