PDA

View Full Version : Trading for non Disney properties

Simba 1
05-12-2010, 10:15 AM
We are considering a DVC purchase and took a tour several years ago. While staying at Disney will be our focus, I have a couple questions related to trading for other non Disney properties.

I seem to recall something about 250 points buyng you a week at other timeshare properties in the network. Is that correct? And is that subject to change? Are there black out dates?

Does the network stay consistant, or can Disney change the newtork they are affiliated with (for better or worse).

We usually vacation a week at a time, Sat to Sat, and might want to visit Hawaii, California, Grand Canyon, mostly US destinations. Can anyone share their experience with accommodations, availability, locations, etc? Is there a link to the network options that I could review?

Thanks so much!!

DizneyRox
05-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Points can and will change, they have for DVC properties, I can't imagine they won't for trade outs.

Disney recently switched from II to RCI. They will switch again, depends on whoever is the high (or low) bidder depending on how you look at it.

Using points anywhere but a DVC resort is not a good value in general. You can, but I wouldn't do it consistently. If you do, it might be better to just buy a regular timeshare elsewhere.