PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from the Poly

PetefromRI
05-12-2010, 09:04 AM
I just wanted to report that the Poly is still the best and most beautiful resort in Disney and maybe the world.We stayed in Tokeleau facing the "other pool"(we used to call it the quiet pool but it was far from that).We can't wait to go back to the Poly someday hopefully soon.Anyone with any doubts about the Poly can lay them to rest!

GenieOfPA
05-12-2010, 09:15 AM
I second this! I stayed at the Poly in jan '09 for the first time and LOVED it! I was always taken away by just the lobby on previous trips, and always wanted to stay there. And after i finally did, it was everything i hoped for and more... def my favorite resort i have stayed at. And thats not just limited to WDW!

jmj18
05-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Poly is my FAVORITE!

:mickey:

Michelle15
05-12-2010, 09:29 AM
I have to agree! My DH and I stayed there on our honeymoon in '08. Our room was absolutely breath taken! As we walked into our room for the first time our mouth dropped. There infront of us was the castle. I was thinking "is this what we get to wake up and fall asleep looking at?" We had breakfast on our balcony looking at the castle and watching the sun rise. I am looking forward to staying there again in the near future. :thumbsup:

luvDaMouse
05-12-2010, 09:32 AM
:thumbsup: great to hear! I am headed there in 8 DAYS!!!! for my first time staying at the Poly. I am soooo excited I just cant wait :joy::mjump::cheer::tikki:

Loweschevy
05-12-2010, 09:39 AM
thank you for the great feedback:mickey:

laprana
05-12-2010, 09:48 AM
I have to agree, also. The Poly is definitely my favorite resort and holds great memories for me because it is the first on-property resort I ever stayed at. Now that we're DVC members, we probably won't stay there much, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that they one day make it part of DVC! I would buy points there in a second!! :thumbsup:

Eponine
05-12-2010, 09:51 AM
I love the Poly too!!! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. It's a wonderful resort!! :mickey:

KarenP
05-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the report, Pete. Poly is my favorite resort!

Ms. Mode
05-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Anyone with any doubts about the Poly can lay them to rest!

Ummm, that would be me. :blush: My DH wants to stay there, but we have gone past it on the monorail several times and it doesn't look like much.

Michelle15
05-12-2010, 12:23 PM
You should actually experience it for yourself. It is a different atmosphere when you walk through the resort then just ride past it on the monarail.

AJ Springfield
05-12-2010, 01:27 PM
I am so excited!!!!! This June will be our first stay at the Poly. My husband has always wanted to stay there since he was a little kid and we have always put it off--staying at a moderate to save money. Well, this year is our 20th anniversary and we decided to spend the extra money and stay there. I am glad you had a wonderful time!!...thanks for the smile today!!

DisneyorBust
05-12-2010, 01:37 PM
We are looking forward to returning "home" to the Polynesian in December. I agree with the OP, it is the best resort on property. IMHO

minnie-mouse
05-12-2010, 06:40 PM
We couldn't agree more! We just stayed 7 nights at the Poly in mid-April. We loved it. The property, the pool, restaurants, activities, conveniences, monorail, beach...you just can't beat it all. We will be going back again soon!

mickeys_princess_mom
05-12-2010, 08:44 PM
We LOVE the Poly! DH and I were just there in November and we're headed back in two weeks. Can not wait! One of my highlights was being able to lay on the beach and look at the castle. It doesn't get much better than that!! :cloud9:

ginger19
05-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Ummm, that would be me. :blush: My DH wants to stay there, but we have gone past it on the monorail several times and it doesn't look like much.

That was me too until we stayed there in October. Absolutely the best one we have stayed at yet. My DH is extremely picky and he still raves about it.

DiannaJ
05-23-2010, 06:09 PM
I wish I could tell you I enjoyed the Poly but we just got back and my grandmother is now sick because of mold that was in the bathroom in the handicap room in the Rapu Nui building. We called 2 times to get it cleaned up and it wasn't until the day before we left they finally came in with scrub brushes and some cleanser to make an attempt at cleaning it up not very well I will add. She is now on antibiotics and musinex to try to get her lungs clear. Other than that problem we did enjoy the resort but won't be staying there again because of the lack of cleanliness in the room...:ill: