PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Confectionary

Ksmith75
05-11-2010, 03:48 PM
We got back one week ago today (back to reality)...Just have to say the candy apples at the Main Street Confectionary are awesome. We had the ones that looked like mickey (with the red pants - made out of red sugar). They are worth thier $8.95 price - they will cut them for you too - so they are easy to eat. They are first covered in caramel, then chocolate, sprinkles and red sugar (mashmellows for ears dipped in chocolate). Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone looking for a decadent treat!:cloud9:

AllDisney
05-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Well, looks like we'll be stopping by there in December on our next trip:party:

queenmom9497
05-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Can you get these for a snack credit? I am soooo all over this treat-even if I have to pay real cash money for it! MMMMMM Sounds decadent!:party:

everyonesmadhere
05-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Mmm..these sound soo good! I would take a few pics and the ask them to cut it. Those are so hard to eat! Calorific much?

Bethanymouse
05-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Mmm..these sound soo good! I would take a few pics and the ask them to cut it. Those are so hard to eat! Calorific much?

Silly! Dont you know there are no calories in disney! Tinkerbell sprinkles pixie dust on all the food and makes it zero calories!:marg:

Fastpasssteve
05-11-2010, 10:35 PM
This sounds delicious. I sometimes wonder how some of the treats will be. Will they be stale? Tasty?

I'm glad to say I've loved everything they make! Will try this out when I go down in October for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

Scorpiosammy
05-12-2010, 12:34 AM
My DH and I saw these on our Honeymoon and wondered if it was good and/or worth the price. Thanks for the clarification that they do taste as good as they look. We will definitely try one on our 2nd Honeymoon in September :mickey:

Also, my personal favorite at the Confectioner's is their cupcakes (especially with pink icing... for some reason cupcakes taste better with pink icing :cloud9: ). We also had some sort of chocolate cake and a cherry turnover that were excellent. My hubby also loves the rice crispy treats shaped like Mickey with the ears dipped in chocolate :party: All in all, we really have not had any dessert/snack at Disney we have not liked ;)

barbiegirl314
05-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Will definitley be stopping by for some of these on our next trip in Oct.:cloud9:

everyonesmadhere
05-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Silly! Dont you know there are no calories in disney! Tinkerbell sprinkles pixie dust on all the food and makes it zero calories!:marg:

How silly of me! Plus, you walk it all off.

maleficant mommy
05-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Next time, try the caramel pecan log slices. :eat:

LauraByTheSea
05-13-2010, 07:03 PM
I love that place... Out of the blue last time we were there, I had a craving for a gooey chocolate chip cookie with coconut on it, and yeah, they had em... Even better though, they had a goop of German chocolate on top. YUM! We wanted to try the Mickey apples too, so I think next time we will!

goofygirl67
05-13-2010, 09:25 PM
The Confectionary no longer sells the rice krispie bars. They now sell bite size balls that weigh .75oz and cost 7.95. In DTD, Goofy's still sells the bars. 2 bars weigh .75oz and cost under 7.00.
The only reason I am mentioning this is the rice krispie bars are the only snack food I by at the MK. I was disapointed that they changed them.

AJ Springfield
05-14-2010, 09:09 AM
this is one place I have never been to...but I will on our upcoming trip!!!