PDA

View Full Version : Need your reviews on CBR

Gregandmel
05-10-2010, 01:54 PM
We just came back from a wonderful 8 days at WDW and stayed at POFQ. Really loved it there! Trip prior to that was at WL. DH says he likes trying different resorts so we have a different experience each time. Next trip we were thinking of trying CBR. I know it's very large & sprawling, which I've seen a lot of people talk about, but if we request a preferred room location and are at Martinque or Trinidad North, by the bus stop, food court & main pool, is that helpful?

What did you like or dislike about this resort? We have 2 boys (currently 10 & 19) and I think they would both love the theming (not really interested in the pirate rooms - would rather be closer to the pool, bus stop & food court). I would appreciate any feedback! Can't wait to start planning our next trip! :thumbsup:

AnnaMom
05-10-2010, 02:11 PM
We LOVED CBR! We were there three years ago with my 18 DS & 8 year DD. We stayed in the Martinque Building #25. Right in front of a pool & within 5 minute walk to the food court, gift shop & bus stop. Would stay there again. Very relaxing resort and and night you could see Illuminations from EPCOT!

wdw538884
05-10-2010, 02:48 PM
I love CBR. It is a sentimental favorite for me, as it was the first resort I ever stayed at on my first visit ever to Disney. I went to Disney while I was living in Maine, and visited in March. When I left Maine on vacation it was a whopping 32 degrees. The tropical feel of the resort was fantatic, loved the steel drum music and loved the fact that the resort was close to downtown disney, close to the studios and close to Epcot (my favorite park):number1: It is a large resort, but did not find it too cumbersome to navigate. I think you should definately give the resort a shot.

RedSoxFan
05-10-2010, 04:13 PM
We loved CBR. We were in the Aruba section. It wasn't too bad of a walk to the food court and pool. Having said that, DH said he would pay extra for the preferred rooms should we stay there again. Like you, we would like to try different resorts. My kids (who were 12 & 16 at the time) loved the pool. Food court was good too. The bus stop was right near our bldg so not a long walk for that.

Ropachs
05-10-2010, 07:37 PM
We love CBR, it's our favorite moderate by far. Love the music, the island feel, and the food court. I believe we were in Aruba last time, which was in 2005, and the walk wasn't that bad. We would certainly stay there again.

IloveDisney71
05-11-2010, 09:31 PM
We've stayed there twice and I'd stay there again. We stayed in the preferred location once so we were close to the food court which was nice. The 2nd time we stayed across the lake but it was close to the bridge so it was just a short walk across the bridge to the food court. We didn't mind the walk at all. There are multiple bus stops so you don't have to walk very far to get to a bus stop. We liked the food at the food court - we ate there for b-fast and dinner. We just had the counter service meals. We loved the tropical theme of the resort.

Melanie
05-11-2010, 09:36 PM
We had stayed at CBR in '06 and loved it. In the meantime, I've stayed at Coronado two times and with it's recent renovation, it surpassed CBR (and the PO's) as my favorite moderate. But we stayed at CBR again this past weekend and I quickly remembered why we loved this resort in the past. We stayed in Jamaica, building 42 and it was the perfect location. We enjoyed the walk over the bridge to Old Port Royale, especially at night. The one thing Coronado holds an advantage in is the beds though. I love the queens at Coronado.

Fastpasssteve
05-11-2010, 11:53 PM
The atmosphere, music, and tropical flora were beautiful. Mousekeeping was great and loved the room with the water view. The pool and HOT tub were great (especially during the cold snap this last February!) I love the colors of the buildings...so festive. Regular bus service.

SurferStitch
05-12-2010, 08:50 AM
DH and I just stayed there last week, and we loved it. We were in Aruba building 56, and it was extremely quiet. There were hardly any people there. All of the rooms around us were vacant our entire stay.

The walk to the main building was not too long, maybe 5 minutes or so. We prefer not to be near the main building because it was definitely much busier there, especially the bus stops.

Your boys will love the main pool. It has slides and water canons that the kids were having a blast with when we stopped by.

The Nemo theme in the rooms is subtle, yet very colorful. I really loved the bedspreads.

You'll be very happy at CBR. I hope you give it a try!

goofy-4-disney
05-12-2010, 10:03 AM
CBR is my favorite moderate resort. To me it doesn't feel like it's that spread out or large. However, that may be due to the fact that I've only stayed in the preferred sections. The tropical feel is great, and gives the resort a very relaxed feel. The hammocks on the beaches are also a nice touch. The main pool is great for kids and theres a decent arcade there also. I have no complaints whatsoever about the food court or resort transportation either. I think your family would really enjoy CBR!!

renecat
05-12-2010, 10:11 AM
DH and I stayed there in 2006. It was nice but we both agreed we like POFQ better. The music is really up beat like your in the caribean.
If you haven't been you should try it.

homeschool mom
05-13-2010, 11:05 PM
DH and I stayed there in April '09 for our couples only trip. We always stay in the Values when we take our 5 children (DSs 9 & 11 and DDs 18, 16 & 15) but we enjoyed CBR so much, we are taking our children there next week for a 6 night stay. We can't wait to introduce them to it!
We felt like we had the best of two worlds when we stayed there. We were on WDW property and felt like we were on a Caribbean island as well. It was all so beautiful! We didn't take advantage of the pool, but plan to with the family. We enjoyed the Caribbean style music that played on Caribbean Cay and also enjoyed just lounging on the beach in the afternoons.
It's a beautiful resort and I can't wait to go back. It may be hard to stay in a Value again even though we LOVE Pop!
Can't believe we are only 5 days from our stay there! :cloud9:

nls721
05-15-2010, 11:21 AM
I didn't like it. It was way too big. When we'd arrive back to the resort via the bus's, it would sometimes take 30 minutes from the entrance to our stop. I can't recall the building we stayed in, but it was the closest building to the food court that wasn't a preferred room. We are pretty quick walkers and it would take 20 mins one way just to walk to the food court. Next time I will stay at Port Orleans.

tundramom
05-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Martinique 25 is very convenient but is in a "flood zone" should you be unfortunate enough to be there during a Tropical storm or hurricane. We got relocated to Aruba for one night and I didn't find the walk over the bridge to Port Royal to be much worse, did not use the bus stop however. My DH is particularly fond of the path around the lake, great for runners.

fernsmommy
05-15-2010, 04:33 PM
We just got back from our stay at CBR on Wednesday. We didn't stay in a preferred room as we had chosen the pirate rooms for our DD5. She really enjoyed it. We were in Trinidad South building 38 which was quite a distance from the food court and pool but we drove our own vehicle so it wasn't too bad for us. I'm like your husband and I like to stay at different resorts but I would definitely stay here again! We won't be going again for a few years so hopefully the new resort will be finished when we want to go again. I can't wait!

AllDisney
05-16-2010, 12:12 PM
We stayed there last Dec 2009. This was our second stay at this resort. The grounds are beautiful, but we never seem to enjoy the grounds that much because we are at the parks from opening to closing.

Food court worked out wonderful. Bus service was reliable.

Since we don't take advantage of the moderate resort (and they cost more $$$) we are heading back to the value resorts for the time being.

I think it's worth a stay;)