PDA

View Full Version : Q re: MYW tickets - using them with a cruise in the middle of your trip??

Dsnygirl
05-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Hey - just wondering how this works...

We are considering a land/sea/land trip next August.

Visit the parks Thur/Fri/Sat, cruise Sun - Thur, visit the parks Thur/Fri/Sat and head home Sunday.

I know I will have to make two separate room reservations, and we usually buy our tickets apart from our room reservation.

So - if I'm not doing a package that includes tickets, can I buy a 6 day MYW ticket for each of us, instead of two 3 day MYW tickets for each of us?? The cost savings is significant, and from what I know of MYW tickets, they don't expire until 14 days from when they are first used. Our entire trip is 11 days, so I should be able to use them for the whole trip, even with a 3 day break for the cruise, right??

Thanks... it gets a bit confusing when you start getting into the details!! :thanks:

faline
05-10-2010, 12:37 PM
As long as you the tickets within 14 days of first use, you should have no problem doing what we propose.

CleveRocks
05-11-2010, 08:29 AM
I agree with faline. You seem to understand Disney's rules just fine, so please don't confuse yourself by over-thinking it.

You already know that tickets don't expire until after the 14th day from first use, so it doesn't matter that you checked out of your Disney resort and went on a cruise in the middle ... Disney's ticket rule just gives that 14-day time frame ... they don't care what you do on your "off" days.:mickey:

LVT
05-11-2010, 11:00 PM
A friendly warning from a klutz. Be sure to have the copies of the front/back of the tickets in case you misplace them. I have trouble keeping it from the Resort to the park, much less on a side trip.