PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone rented points before?

clausjo
05-10-2010, 11:31 AM
I was reading on another site that there could be some significant savings. Has anyone actually done this?

tdk316
05-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Yep, we did it last year at BLT and it was great. We did save a ton vs. booking the same room through Disney without discounts. For example, we're staying at BLT again this year and have a 2-bedroom that we booked through a bounce-back with Disney that will cost us about the same that we paid last year renting points for a 1-bedroom. So if you don't have access to a sweet discount renting points can save some cash if you really want to stay at a DVC resort.

I'd rent points again without hesitation. If you have any specific questions feel free to pm me.

Goofster
05-10-2010, 03:38 PM
We normally stay by renting points from a DVC member. I've used the same guy for about 3 years now and we'll use him again next year. Its been great, we're now friends on Facebook and we exchange Christmas cards. Before that I used a lady on ebay that rented them as well.

Its a great deal...you get to stay at a deluxe resort for a fraction of the cost. The only caveat is that you find someone trustworthy and that you're careful during the transaction. Disney has nothing to do with it, so you're on your own. If you do it right, its a great deal and you'll do it again...and again! :D

DVC Mike
05-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Read the Considering Renting from a DVC Member? (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=122549) thread.

g8rgirl29
05-10-2010, 08:41 PM
We have rented DVC points for 3 of our trips. We use the same service every time. I will send you a message with the name. Last year I booked for September bounceback, when I got home I figured the numbers with renting DVC points and I could go for the same amt of time in September and make a quick trip in Jan for the same price. It takes a little more work on your part, researching who you rent from, buying your tickets etc. But if you read the link from DVC Mike and do your research it can save you a bit of money.