PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Epcot drinks?

McLiberal8
05-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Hello everyone!

I am planning my 6th trip to WDW in September. I haven't really been able to fully experience the alcoholic drinks of Epcot on previous trips. What is everyone's fave drink in all the countries?

I have had the Grand Marnier granada in France - that was amazing!

What is everyone else's favorite?

SBETigg
05-09-2010, 05:31 PM
I think the Grey Goose slush in France is even that much better than the Grand Marnier one. And I love the Fiesta frozen margaritas at the Margarita Stand in Mexico. I also love the mango margaritas they serve inside the San Angel, which contains actual pureed mango and not just the frozen mix.

Another thing I enjoy is having a wine tasting flight in Germany, Italy, and France (not all in the same visit to WS).

faline
05-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Mexico's Frozen Magaritas! Yum! :marg:

BrerGnat
05-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Sherri hit the nail on the head! Agree with ALL her suggestions, especially the Grey Goose Slush in France.

However, I also would add a Woodpecker Hard Cider from the UK pavilion. :thumbsup:

McLiberal8
05-09-2010, 06:47 PM
What flavor is the Grey Goose slush? Surely not just vodka.. :sick:

SBETigg
05-09-2010, 07:50 PM

It has a light lemony flavor. Doesn't taste like vodka. Grey Goose really doesn't have a taste.

Fastpasssteve
05-10-2010, 02:08 AM
I love the peach/spumante beverage they serve in Italy at the free-standing drinks bar. It's called a bellini...and it's delicious.

Advnt05
05-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Anything in Italy with Lemoncello is worth it. Can't beat beer in England either.

SallyP
05-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Jalapeno Margarita :marg: served in La Cava inside the Mexico Pavilion, then the Grey Goose Slush. :thumbsup:

Scar
05-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Beer. Works in every country... and pretty much every else on earth. :beer:

readytogo2
05-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Jalapeno Margarita :marg: served in La Cava inside the Mexico Pavilion, then the Grey Goose Slush. :thumbsup:

silly question but are they very spicy

SallyP
05-10-2010, 04:53 PM
silly question but are they very spicy

Not a silly question :) ... and no they are not very spicy at all. They have a chili pepper flavor but no seeds to make them hot or spicy. They rim the glass with a sweet (not overly) hibiscus flower salt. I think they are very refreshing and just something different than the Classica.

SallyP
05-10-2010, 04:58 PM

They do use the Grey Goose Citron, so it has a flavor but I remember a ratio of about 1 quart Grey Goose Citron to 1 cup of a lemon/lime sour mix, blend with lots of ice for slush consistency.

readytogo2
05-10-2010, 05:24 PM

these things are hard to beat

lettripp
05-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Grey Goose and Grand Mariner slush is DELICIOUS

Also, the Oasis slushies in Morocco are tasty!

McLiberal8
05-10-2010, 05:30 PM
OOhhh, Oasis Slushie, what is that? For some reason, the name just draws me in.. lol

DNS
05-11-2010, 12:45 PM
My memory is failing me, but is there a bar stand outside of France to get a Grey Goose Slush, or do you need to dine at one of the restaurants?

ColeeC
05-11-2010, 12:55 PM
suddenly feeling so, so thirsty...
and I've got 5 months till I get there! Aaagh!

SBETigg
05-11-2010, 01:00 PM
My memory is failing me, but is there a bar stand outside of France to get a Grey Goose Slush, or do you need to dine at one of the restaurants?

There's a stand outside. They have the slushes, or you can get a glass of champagne or French beer. And there's crepes at the stand next to it (great use of snack credits, the crepes, warm and covered in jam or chocolate).

BrerGnat
05-11-2010, 01:26 PM
There was real lemon pulp in my Grey Goose slushie. I know they use the lemon flavored Citron vodka and I believe the other ingredients are simple syrup and fresh lemon juice. It tastes like a REALLY good lemonade. Not very sweet, though.

DNS
05-11-2010, 02:07 PM
There's a stand outside. They have the slushes, or you can get a glass of champagne or French beer. And there's crepes at the stand next to it (great use of snack credits, the crepes, warm and covered in jam or chocolate).
Thanks! I look forward to trying a slush during our upcoming trip.

lettripp
05-11-2010, 02:10 PM
OOhhh, Oasis Slushie, what is that? For some reason, the name just draws me in.. lol

They are delicious, alcoholic frozen fruit drinks, essentially. The one I had was a take on a daiquiri and it was the perfect late night cool down... I have only tried one type but they all looked yummy!

pokeyw
06-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Such inspiration! Hubby and I are going to attempt to once again "drink around the world". We have tried in the past but failed, but think we will try a 2 day "tour" and be sure to achieve our goal! I actually thought of buying one of the kids passports and writing down what we experience in each country and have a "review" for future reference. Anyone else done this? Come on August!!! :party:

disneykid@hrt
06-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Drinking around the World would require great balance and an elevated tolerance. And I would probably need a stroller on my way out. :blush:

Anyway... The Grey Goose slushie is not a folk tale. It is delish. My only complaint is they just aren't big enough! The fiesta :marg: aren't bad either.

WDWNut02
06-06-2010, 10:23 AM
It's always a good idea to stop by Japan for a sake tasting. My wife (who doesn't like the taste of straight booze) and I did and found some of them to be very good.