PDA

View Full Version : This is sooo wrong

plutosnana
05-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Ever have those days at wdw where you get the Dun, Dun, Dun!!! Feeling? Something went wrong like the ride stopped had to get off. Lost a child? Or found a lost child? Like what happened to my family. We were walking in the park headed to Big Thunder Mountain. And we saw this little girl walking back and forth. Everyone passed her by just ignored her. She walked around saying mommy? mommy?!! This made everyone in our family feel like mud. :sad::sob: So we got her talked to some cm about her. Then another family came to help out. When it comes to wdw we become a good family! :grouphug: Then the mom just came up to us took the little girl and said, thank you. We were surprised. We thought the mom would be panicking and freaking out. Trust me, been there, done that! But she just took her girl and went. But has anything scary happened to you or anyone else at wdw or dl? It really freaked :cry: us out to have a lost girl walking around. O she wasn't over 4 years old I can tell u that.

jaredkari
05-09-2010, 02:26 PM
I suppose the worst moment I have seen was when we were waiting for the bus at Epcot and the family at the front was not watching their child. We said to ourselves that the parents really ought to get control of him because a bus could come through and something bad could happen. Well sure enough a bus came through and had SLAM on the brakes in order not to hit the child. I know there was recently an accident involving a bus at WDW.

ransam
05-09-2010, 03:36 PM
on one of our trips, my family took a little boy ( 7 or so) w/ us, i was probably 17 or so...my sister and i took the little boy w/ us while we looked around the Germany paviion. we met up w/ our parents at a pub there and at the same time asked where was sean. I had completely not noticed he wasn't with us. i went running back retracing our steps...i was sprinting i was so scared. then we found him w/ a CM, just as calm as can be....

Kenny1113
05-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Yes. Last year we lost DS6 at AK. We were a big group and dilegent about keeping track of all the kids, but we stopped to look at the showtimes guide and DS kept walking. It was the longest 30 min of my life!!!!! DH ran several circles around the whole park. The CM were wonderful though.

Jillirose
05-09-2010, 08:21 PM
My daughter fainted in the queue at Honey I Shrunk the Kids. We didn't know why and were so scared! The paramedics came and looked her over, said that she probably had low blood sugar. She drank some juice, ate a little, and rested - which made her feel much better. Phew! We were so relieved that she was o.k.

Rekenna
05-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Last year I lost DS10-a big boy to lose let me tell you! We had an extra Fastpass for BTMM and I let him ride alone, it seemed to take forever for him to come off the ride. I started getting worried and went all back through the line looking for him. He was fine, it just took longer to get through the ride than what I had thought.

It's super scary.

disneymom2000
05-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Sometimes my day is ruined when I see parents yelling or hitting their kiddos when they are walking through the parks or teenagers arguing out right with the adults in their parties. I am sure the little kiddos getting yelled at or hit are the ones going to grow up to be the teenagers that have no respect for the adults but still it really bothers me. The more times I visit, the more of this I see. It makes me lose my Disney innocence that everything is suppose to be as close to perfect as it can be while I am there. :(

tundramom
05-09-2010, 09:20 PM
At SSR several trips ago I was sitting on our patio waiting for DD to get ready (going to dinner I believe) and I notice a little girl pass by several times, each a bit more frantic, by the third trip I could tell she was starting to panic. I approached her and asked if she was lost, she said yes, her mom and brother were at the pool, and dad had let her leave their room to go join them. I got first name and age (5!) and told DH I was walking her to the pool. The whole way she kept fretting that her mom was going to be mad at her, and I kept telling her I was sure that would not be the case, that SSR was a big place and easy to get lost in. Well, we get to the pool and no family. She thought she knew her room # so we headed back (we were in Paddock near Carousel, she ended up being at the far end of Paddock), got there and no luck, at which point I called security. Just as they arrived, mom and brother came by yelling her name. Long story (not short) the first thing mom did was yell at the poor dear, not so much as a thank you, and we were almost late for ADR. But, I'd do it again.

crltkcagle
05-10-2010, 10:03 AM
We were in line for Tommorowland Speedway when this little boy who was infront of us started staring at us. I told him hello and asked him his name. He then began chatting with us and told us he was lonely. I asked where his parents were and he said his mom and her boyfriend were off in the park somewhere and he was alone. He asked if he could ride in the car with my oldest son. I felt horrible for this poor kid! Who leaves their 9 year old alone in Disney so that they could be alone with their boyfriend!!!! NExt time they should just leave the poor kid home!

PittFan
05-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Last year during our trip my DS 11 got the one ride that most don't experience at WDW, the ambulance ride to Celebration Hospital !!! While spending the day at MK and anxiously awaiting MNSSHP that night, he became short of breath. We went to the first aid station by CP and he was really having a hard time breathing so we ended up in the hospital that day. I knew he'd be ok when he had the oxygen mask on in the ambulance and started to talk like Darth Vader. I must say, the CM's went out of their way to accomodate us in every way possible, from driving the rest of the family to the hospital, to giving us MNSSHP tickets for another night. They also reimbursed us for the taxi ride from the hospital back to the POP. Turns out he has asthma.

LudwigVonDrake
05-10-2010, 11:25 AM
My scariest moment in WDW was when I ate at the Rainforest Cafe and 'Ohana in the same day :D

Imagineer1981
05-10-2010, 12:44 PM
hasn't happened to me, but just reading your post makes me feel sick to my stomach. My son is just 2 and those kind of situations really strike home and freak me out

TikiLounger
05-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Well...as much as I like to forget about any "bad" experiences I've had, I'll always remember these three. First...the time we were standing in line to ride the Tower of Terror and a woman just a little bit ahead of us had a seizure. It was, like, 100 degrees with 500% humidity (at least it felt that humid) and she just dropped. Everyone was pretty quick to respond, but it was very scary for a moment. Second...my DH and I were watching MNSSHP parade (right near the Christmas store...Liberty Square) and a mom was standing next to us with her very young son on her shoulders. He was SO cute and, understandably, very excited. He was laughing a wiggling around and talking a mile a minute. We thought they were having a great time. Then, quite suddenly, the mom whipped him off her shoulders and dragged him back a bit from the crowd and started seriously spanking him and slapping his face. I was just so sad to think about how happy he was a few seconds before this and how it was ruined for him. We weren't hitters or spankers when our kids were little...don't believe in it... and, frankly, it was a bit shocking to witness. Very sad to see someone lose it like that with such a young child...I mean he was LITTLE (2 or 3). And last but not least...on our last trip to Wilderness Lodge, I had the pleasure (not) of witnessing a couple fighting on the path under my balcony. He was clearly VERY intoxicated and unreasonable and, finally, resorted to simply primal screaming at the top of his lungs before storming away from his wife ( or girlfriend...who knows?). I was so embarrassed for her. She really looked horrified.

kemps@wdw
05-10-2010, 11:11 PM
After a double-whammy of TOT and RRC, my dad-in-law started a diabetic attack (brought on by lack of breafast). I don't remember the name of the shop or the wonderful CM @ the register, but she wasn't fazed one bit when a somewhat frantic woman ran into her shop yelling..."DIABETIC ATTACK, I NEED A CANDY BAR RIGHT NOW!!!" Without missing a beat, she ducked behind the counter, and sailed a Snickers bar thru the air (and over the heads of the others waiting @ the counter), to me and waved me out the door, and told me to come back and pay her when the crisis was over! WDW cms ROCK!!:number1:

brownie
05-11-2010, 09:55 AM
We were at California Adventure and were in line to get on the Golden Zephyr. As we were loading, I discovered our 10 yr. old son was no longer with us. I spotted him right away; he had left the ride and was wondering around outside the attraction. I went to be with him while my bride and our other son rode the Golden Zephyr.

Our son had decided he didn't want to ride the ride, so he just left without telling us. He got quite the talking to before my bride got off the ride, but I think the talk he got after she got off the ride was even worse!

It was not a good feeling when we first discovered he wasn't with us.

pink
05-11-2010, 06:01 PM
When I was 10 we had a dance competition in Tomorrowland and had an award show in the Tomorrowland theatre a few hours later on. Well after the awards ceremony a man got up and literally fell to the ground and everyone started screaming. We found out that he was having a heart attack and my mom was running around looking for a nurse and she left me in the crowd, people were running and screaming. That was a scary moment. :(

ColeeC
05-11-2010, 06:25 PM
We typically travel in a large party at WDW, and on a trip 2 winters ago, the moms in the party (5 of us) had the men take the kids to stake out tables. During the time they were trying to organize some tables in the same vicinity, my nine year old asked to go to the bathroom and my husband, seeing the mens room door in the adjascent hallway, told him to go ahead and come right back. When I came back and started passing out food and noticed him not at any of the tables I asked, at which point all the dads got that "uhoh" look...we covered that restaurant (cosmic ray's) like a blanket, and though at least three of the guys checked the bathroom (apparently opening the door and looking under the stalls is "checking the bathroom), that's where I finally found him. Yes, me, because the idea of his being outside of the restaurant was too much to handle so I just apologized to all the men at the urinals, screamed his name and heard, "Hi, Mom! Guess what! I'm finally pooping!" He'd pulled his legs up on the potty to be more comfortable. Needless to say, it is the obvious rule now that no one goes to the bathroom alone...I think it took a few years off my life.

lettripp
05-11-2010, 06:47 PM
We don't have kids yet, so we haven't had any personal scary experiences, but on our recent trip, I did see something that made me quite sad:

We were standing in the fastpass line for Everest and there was a girl (probably about 10 years old) dashing through the line, screaming "Daddy?! Daddy?!" and crying. She finally found her dad, about to board the ride. She ducked under a bar and tried to head for her dad, but was stopped by a cast member. She was all alone and all she wanted to do was find/ride with her dad. The cast member didn't even let the father know that his daughter was nearby, and there was PLENTY OF TIME for him to get out of line, go back in line and wait with his daughter. She ended up having to ride alone. She sat behind us and cried the entire time. I was seriously upset with the staff at Everest after this...

everyonesmadhere
05-11-2010, 07:44 PM
I'm sorry but disney is heaven for these people.

plutosnana
05-11-2010, 07:52 PM
We don't have kids yet, so we haven't had any personal scary experiences, but on our recent trip, I did see something that made me quite sad:

We were standing in the fastpass line for Everest and there was a girl (probably about 10 years old) dashing through the line, screaming "Daddy?! Daddy?!" and crying. She finally found her dad, about to board the ride. She ducked under a bar and tried to head for her dad, but was stopped by a cast member. She was all alone and all she wanted to do was find/ride with her dad. The cast member didn't even let the father know that his daughter was nearby, and there was PLENTY OF TIME for him to get out of line, go back in line and wait with his daughter. She ended up having to ride alone. She sat behind us and cried the entire time. I was seriously upset with the staff at Everest after this...

You know that is just downright RUDE!! I've never had a bad cm but seriously! Been there done that! :mad::mad::mad:

lettripp
05-11-2010, 08:16 PM
I'm sorry but disney is heaven for these people.

Which people?

IloveDisney71
05-11-2010, 08:33 PM
The worst thing I've seen is when my DD and I were waiting to ride EE. We were literally the next people waiting to get on the next train but the train didn't pull up. The next thing we knew CM's were running toward train. We didn't know it at the time but a man had a heart attack and died. It was so sad. :( We knew it must have been something bad because we could hear sirens and they kept paging people - we think they were paging the family. I've never heard Disney page anyone in a park before. They paged this family for about an hour. The CM's quickly rushed all of the guests out of the ride so it was private. I didn't want to see what was going on. It was so tragic.

disneylovinmom
05-16-2010, 11:22 PM
My daughter was extremely ill after riding Expedition Everest and we left the park. We told the bus driver that was taking us back to OKW that she was sick and since we were the only people on the bus asked if he could let us off at the Hospitality House since that was normally the first stop. He went around the whole resort backwards on purpose so we could not get off at our stop and unfortunately she vomited all over his bus:sick:. She was too sick to walk that far, he wouldn't take us to our stop, so he just had to deal with the mess himself.

MushuGrl
05-17-2010, 10:28 AM
On our last trip, my sister and I were coming from Haunted Mansion and were heading toward Mickey's Philharmagic. You know that little area there near Small World that's ALWAYS crowded? We saw a man and apparently his son, who looked to be about five or six years old, standing there in the middle of the street. Got up near him and I THOUGHT the little boy had mud running down his legs. Uh....wasn't mud. Yeah. And instead of taking the boy to the bathroom (they weren't far from the ones near Peter Pan) he stood in the middle of the street and yelled "WHY?" over and over at the boy for the LONGEST time. It just broke my heart. I'm sure it wasn't on the kid's list to go in the middle of Fantasyland. He was embarrassed ENOUGH without Yelling Dad.

Julie_Mouse
05-17-2010, 10:29 AM
Some of these stories are really awful things to witness, and I can't even imagine the poor family who had to deal with a family member's heart attack :(

I think it's totally normal to have an "oops" parenting moment at the end of a really hot day, when your kids have been driving you nuts, and you're operating on 5 hours of sleep and a not-so-nutritionally-balanced diet, but I've seen some parents that were really out of line...

In August 2007, one evening my best friend and I were walking from the gates at Epcot to the POP bus stop. A family of 3 (mother, boyfriend, and young daughter of no more than 6) were sauntering along in front of us. No one was really in a hurry. They stopped for a moment to get something out of their backpack, and my friend and I continued walking, so we ended up walking in front of them (we weren't even close to the queue for the bus yet). When they began walking again, they were about 10 feet behind us, but the mother began complaining that we had budded in front of them and they were going to be sooo much later getting back to the resort. When we reached the queue, they ended up right behind us, but the mother was now complaining loudly about how we had taken their place in line. My friend and I figured she was just tired, and decided to ignore her, since she was right behind us and would probably get on the same bus. Unfortunately, this woman started to get really agitated, and she was yelling and swearing loudly at her boyfriend (about a variety of things). The young daughter was completely embarrassed and busied herself making friends with a girl from another family in line. Finally, after the umpteenth snide remark about "those girls who budded in front of us", I turned around and said "I'm sorry, would you like to change places?" (Kill them with kindness!). She looked a bit shellshocked for a moment, but then she quickly said "Yes, THANKS" (in a not entirely sincere manner) and we all shuffled positions.

I had hoped (for the daugher's sake) that that would be the end of it, but the fight between mother and boyfriend escalated and the swearing got so bad that neighbouring families were covering their kids' ears, and remarking about the inappropriateness of their behaviour. Finally, the boyfriend announced they should all just take a cab back to the resort (I think everyone in line was wondering why they hadn’t thought of suggesting this!). Unfortunately the mother turned down his suggestion and refused to leave the line. The boyfriend ended up cabbing back to the resort alone, and mother and daughter took the bus (and yes, we did end up on the same bus! Good thing they moved up one place in line, or they wouldn’t have made it :rolleyes:). I felt so embarrassed for the 2 (alleged) ‘adults’, and so bad for the poor kid who obviously just needed to get to bed.

Also, on our most recent trip (I’ve been back for <24 hours and I’m still in denial that it’s over :fit:) we were in line for Buzz one afternoon, and the daughter of the family in front of us obviously didn’t want to ride. She was kind of whimpering that she didn’t want to ride when we entered the queue, but the parents ignored it. As we stood in line, however, she worked herself into such a tantrum that she started gagging and saying she was going to be sick. The parents were totally unconcerned and just herded her along with the rest of the family as the line moved. At one point, she was actually spitting on the floor! As we got closer to the ride entrance, she launched herself at the Fastpass CM and screamed that she didn’t want to ride. At this point, she was still gagging and spitting everywhere, and putting her mouth on all of the railings. My family hung back quite a bit in the queue to stay out of the splash zone :laughing:. I have no idea what happened when they got on the ride, because we got separated from them by people from the FP line, but I was quite shocked they let her get away with everything! I suppose it’s possible she could have acted like that before, and the parents knew it was just an act, but it was still a bit gross for everyone who was in line :ack:.

MushuGrl
05-17-2010, 10:31 AM
The worst thing I've seen is when my DD and I were waiting to ride EE. We were literally the next people waiting to get on the next train but the train didn't pull up. The next thing we knew CM's were running toward train. We didn't know it at the time but a man had a heart attack and died. It was so sad. :( We knew it must have been something bad because we could hear sirens and they kept paging people - we think they were paging the family. I've never heard Disney page anyone in a park before. They paged this family for about an hour. The CM's quickly rushed all of the guests out of the ride so it was private. I didn't want to see what was going on. It was so tragic.

Some people I know where there when that happened! They weren't AT EE, but they were at the Yak and Yeti when it happened, and they told my sister about the hour-long paging.