PDA

View Full Version : Best place for dinner with big family!

Zeike
05-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Hi! we want to have a good family fun dinner on our trip on november, where would be a nice place for DW and I, an 8 year old boy plus 3 years 9 months twins boys. I have heard of a new downtown disney disnosaour rest. or Rainforest. Any reccomendations?

Thanks,

Ed

Kairi_7378
05-09-2010, 12:35 PM
O'hana is a favorite of many families on Intercot. Another popular one is Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge. If you want to be in a park, Garden Grill in Epcot is a good choice, too.

deedeebee
05-09-2010, 02:37 PM
I think the boys would LOVE T-Rex! We went there in the summer, it was great. My DS is now 14 but loved it and would have been wild about it at a younger age as well.

medic9016
05-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge is a fun family place.

buzznwoodysmom
05-09-2010, 03:49 PM
I have two boys and 4 nephews that I've been to WDW with and they all loved Ohana's. They also all really enjoyed Whispering Canyon Cafe. Our kids really like both T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe, but T-Rex was way too loud. We've tried it twice now and I don't know that we'd return because it was just too loud and chaotic, and the food wasn't good enough to sit through such a loud crazy dinner again.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Another vote for Whispering Canyon Cafe! We really enjoy it, and although it is fun, it isn't so loud you can't enjoy your meal :thumbsup:

kathiep
05-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Our kids have always really enjoyed dinner at O'hana and Biergarten.

crltkcagle
05-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Our boys love Ohana, Whispering Canyon Cafe, and Chef Mickeys.

Zeike
05-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Whispering Canyon sounds like something new to try, question: how do we get there? Thanks!

KAT1811
05-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Whispering Canyon is fun but as a mother of 4 I find 'Ohana much better. There are games for the kids. Coconut races, a conga line, they teach them how to do the hula. Our children always love the ability to get up and move. whispering Canyon is fun if you get a waiter/waitress that plays along. We have had a few duds so we no longer make an effort to get back there.

If you are trying Whispering Canyon and are using the WDW transportation system the easiest way to get there is to take the boat over from the MK or take the resrot bus directly from whatever park you are coming from.

Mickey'sGirl
05-11-2010, 12:44 PM
It really depends on what you like to eat .... Personally, I find the Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex food revolting (reheated processed food at best), at least at other venues such as 'Ohana or Whispering Canyon, you will get better prepared foods. My boys prefer 'Ohana, but I think both are fun for the kids!

Davy Crockett
05-12-2010, 12:26 PM
The Whispering Canyon always great, but if you want a little live music and space to accomodate try the Biergarten in the German pavilion. It is buffet style with authentic Bavarian food.

IrishMickey
05-12-2010, 08:48 PM
We love the Beirgarten in Germany, eveninlaws who are not Disney nuts like us thought it was great place and liked that it fit all 7 of us. We have been on every trip!:thumbsup:

5MemphisTiggers
05-14-2010, 04:13 PM
We have 5 in our family as well, though we are a little more spaded out that you. Me, DW, Older DS and DD are teenagers, and younger DS is pre-teen. More votes for the restaurants already named:

O'hana -- one of my family's favorites. atmosphere is fun, dancing/music/etc., good food, and (most of all) O'hana Bread Pudding!!!! :eat:

Biergarten -- Harvest tables with guests from other places, buffet-style food, Bavarian cheesecake :thumbsup: The band plays for entertainment, and the kids can get out on the floor and dance if they want. (so can you and DW ;) )

Chef Mickey's for breakfast -- Our favorite character meal.

Whispering Canyons -- The staff are a lot of fun here. Be sure to ask for extra ketchup. :D

ryca1dreams
05-15-2010, 09:15 AM
I think Chef Mickey's is fun for breakfast (never been to dinner there).

I like Biergarten and O'hana too for dinner. I think the younger kids would enjoy either (so would you).

Mousemates
05-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Whispering canyon for lunch is a super good time

Boma for the evening meal is also a good choice...with lots of variety (including good options for younger diners).

Tinker Fan
05-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace were so fun when we had a big group or family. We go to these two places every year if we can. Good food and Good fun.:thumbsup:

Tink#64
05-19-2010, 12:08 AM
The Whispering Canyon Cafe is in the Wilderness Lodge, and accessible by boat from the MK (&?) and by bus from resorts.

We really enjoyed our dinner there a few years ago! Definitely good food, and super fun atmosphere! Our DS's were 9 & 10 & we all loved the family style dinner, good comfort food! We had a late dinner & then we went out to the boat dock to watch the Floating Electrical Pageant which passes the WL at 9:45 & then we rode the boat over to the MK afterwards & we were able to see some of Wishes from the water! :cloud9: From the MK we took a bus back to Pop. It sounds drawn out but it was so so easy & a wonderful experience!