PDA

View Full Version : DL- How to file a complaint

KT1234
05-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Hi Everyone,

I NEVER thought I'd ever be having to do something like this but I was wondering if someone knew how to formally file a complaint at Disneyland. What happened was I had rented a locker for $7 and put a bag plus an expensive jacket inside of it for safe keeping. At the end of a busy day, I went back to gather my things and didn't see my jacket in the back of the locker- it blended in. I got all the way home (about an hour 1/2 later) and realized I forgot my jacket. I figured it wouldn't be a huge deal and called lost & found the next day knowing that I had locked my locker afterward (habit) and the only people that would be in there would be employees. I called back 4 times afterward to check with different employees and the jacket wasn't found. I KNOW the expensive jacket was in there and I definately remember locking the locker behind me. I HATE to even think that someone would steal something out of a locker when they clean them out at the end of the night but it's the only logical thing. Does anyone know a mailing address or e mail address I could write to? I just feel very upset because I have been a loyal Disney fan for my whole life-visiting WDW often and holding a annual pass to DL. I want to find out if I can be somewhat compensated-even if it's something small.

I actually posted this in DL forums but those didn't seem as frequented and was hoping to get a response soon. I don't want to wait too long to file the complaint.

Thank you!

Kate

BrerGnat
05-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Well, this one is going to be tough. There are notices all over the locker area that they are NOT responsible for lost/stolen items, and that ALL lockers are emptied out at the end of the night. Disneyland asserts a few times that you store the items at your own risk and that they cannot be held responsible at ALL.

I mean, you could try calling the main line, and see where you can get, but it will be very difficult to prove that you left your jacket there if it isn't at Lost and Found. You might end up speaking to a nice manager who might compensate you in some way, but I really wouldn't hope for such a thing.

The bottom line is that it was your fault. You might have to just chalk this up as a lesson learned. :(

If you want to file a "formal" complaint, the place to do so is at Guest Services at the park. Or, you can write to someone at Team Disney Anaheim. I'm not sure what that contact info is, though. Maybe try to Google "Team Disney Anaheim Contact Info".

Skippy
05-11-2010, 06:45 AM
I don't see a complaint to be made.

The best I could see would be checking again with Lost and Found and hoping that the jacket you left behind shows up.

pink
05-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Honestly, you left it there. I know you don't want to hear it but the Disney staff did not do anything wrong technically, unless someone took the jacket. Even that, you could not prove becuase you can't prove that you left a jacket in there. :mickey: