PDA

View Full Version : Tom Sawyer Island

DisneyLuver91
05-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Does Tom Sawyer Island open early on EMH mornings? Or does it open at the "real" opening time? I really wanna find those paint brushes. :secret:

magicjasb
05-08-2010, 09:23 PM
I am not sure about what time the island opens, but I do know that we have found paintbrushes on each of our last three trips and every time it was in the afternoon. Good Luck!:mickey:

wdw538884
05-10-2010, 03:25 PM
PaintBrushes? What the heck are you talking about?:confused:

everyonesmadhere
05-10-2010, 03:27 PM
PaintBrushes? What the heck are you talking about?:confused:

If you find a paintbrush on the island they will give you a prize, usually a fast pass ( like a gold fast pass ) for splash mountain or big thunder mountain.

wdw538884
05-10-2010, 03:31 PM
HEHEHE I did not know that:thumbsup:

sgdisney
05-10-2010, 06:03 PM
We just got back. Park opened at 9:00, the first boat over to the island left at 10:00.

Imagineer1981
05-12-2010, 02:49 PM
too many people know about paintbrushes now :(

FriendsofMickey
05-12-2010, 03:03 PM
You know, I have never taken my girls to Tom Sawyer Island. I think I will try to make it over there this trip.

What is a gold fast pass?

Michelle15
05-12-2010, 03:25 PM
I have never heard about the paintbrushes either :confused:
But In September you betcha I will be looking for them :D

Thanks for the tip:mickey:

WVParkfan
05-12-2010, 03:41 PM
You know, I have never taken my girls to Tom Sawyer Island. I think I will try to make it over there this trip.

There is absolutely nothing to do on Tom Sawyer Island. If you are from western PA, then you probably spent your childhood outside climbing rocks, swinging from trees, jumping over creeks. Well, that's what you get to do on Tom Sawyer Island. I'm sure it's nice for those who grew up in an inner city and have never seen trees and rock caves. But, I think it is the most boring place in all of Disney, and certainly not worth my $$$$ admission for what I can do back home!

joonyer
05-12-2010, 03:59 PM
There is absolutely nothing to do on Tom Sawyer Island. If you are from western PA, then you probably spent your childhood outside climbing rocks, swinging from trees, jumping over creeks. Well, that's what you get to do on Tom Sawyer Island. I'm sure it's nice for those who grew up in an inner city and have never seen trees and rock caves. But, I think it is the most boring place in all of Disney, and certainly not worth my $$$$ admission for what I can do back home!

NOT TRUE! Even if you are an old fuddy-duddy. There are rocking chairs at Aunt Polly's where you can sit sit down and rest your feet in relative peace and quiet while your kids play all over the island. Our boys grew up in the country, but still loved exploring the Island and playing as much as any of the MK attractions, and DW and I loved to take a break there at Aunt Polly's while they explored. Yes. it's true once they became teenagers they lost interest in spending much time over there, but DW & I still go over to take a break in the rockers. (and besides, it costs nothing extra to visit TSI).