PDA

View Full Version : Hoop de doo: transportation

TikiGoddess
05-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Hi all,

We're going to Hoop De Doo this year! (We loved it so much last summer, we're going back!)

We will have a car with us. We are planning on coming from our resort, POFQ for the 5pm show.

1. What time should we arrive at FW? I know we have to take the internal bus to the hall. Not sure how much time that will take, or how early we need to be at Pioneer Hall.

2. We are going over to the MK after the show. Can we leave our car at FW, and take the boat to/from the MK?

Kathy

faline
05-08-2010, 03:33 PM
I'd get to Fort Wilderness by 4. You might very quickly get a bus to Pioneer Hall and be there early or you might need to wait a bit. If you do arrive early, grab a drink and a rocking chair until it's time for the show!

Unless, you're provided with a parking pass that limits your stay, you should be able to do what you've suggested. Depdnding on how long you remain at the Magic Kingdom and how long the boats are running, it's possible you'd have to return via bus rather than boat.

Fastpasssteve
05-09-2010, 02:15 AM
I would suggest the following transportation plot:

Take the bus to MK and then take the boat to Ft. Wilderness for the Hoop De Doo Review. Following the HDDR, take the launch back to the MK and take the bus to your home resort.
It just sounds simpler...and you won't have to worry about where to leave the car.

If you don't drive, you can concentrate on spending quality time with the kids.

DisneyFr33k
05-09-2010, 05:37 AM
I'd get to Fort Wilderness by 4.

Why an hour early?

We'll be leaving MK to eat here for a 5pm show. What time should we be walking out the doors of MK? And should we take the boat or bus?

DizneyRox
05-09-2010, 08:14 AM
To get to Pioneer Hall, we always take the boat, either from MK or the Contemporary. I wouldn't drive. That's how I would get there regardless of where you are coming from.

If you must drive, in this case, I would drive to MK, park, tram to the TTC, ferry to MK or monorail to the Contemporary and then boat from there. At the end of the day, the car will be where you want it.

I would try to leave from MK or Contemporary about an hour before the show. The boats can take a while (if you just miss it) and there are some lines outside the show that you may need to wait in. We don't bother with pictures anymore, so we sometimes cut it a little too close, but an hour is a good rule.

HoosierDisneyFan
05-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Boat from POFQ to DTD
Bus from DTD to GF
Monorail from GF to MK
Boat from MK to HDDR

For the 5pm show I would start at 11am (if you take the above directions.

The above list will get you there (but listed more for the humor than an actual trip plan).

TikiGoddess
05-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Resurrecting an old thread...

Which option sounds best? To review, we are interested in the quickest way of getting from POFQ to Hoop de doo.

1. Park at WL (valet), take boat over to FW.
2. Park at FW, take internal transportation.
3. Take Disney bus to MK, take boat to FW.

Also take into account that we might go to the MK after the show...

Kathy

pokci
05-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Quickest is car to WL, valet then boat to FW. BUT... after MK, you will be tired and won't want to drive and the traffic at night is crazy. So... while it's not the fastest, I would urge you, along with a PP, to take the bus from your resort to MK, then boat to FW and then boat back to MK and bus to your resort. So much easier...

A Big Kid
05-23-2010, 08:30 AM
Dont discount walking from Wl to FW. It is a pleasant walk along the trails in the woods and I think it might be about a mile and a half.

TikiGoddess
05-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Dont discount walking from Wl to FW. It is a pleasant walk along the trails in the woods and I think it might be about a mile and a half.

I'm sure it's a lovely walk but not one I will be doing in the heat of late June. :sun: With two younger children.

I'm still leaning towards WL... we're not planning on staying for the fireworks, just the parade. So we'll get on the boat to WL after the parade and take a slow walk back through our favorite resort (stayed there last year). Hopefully the traffic won't be too bad from the resort to POFQ.

Please do continue to comment... I'm open to all ideas!
Kathy
Kathy