PDA

View Full Version : Expedition Everest queue

TheVBs
05-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Is it possible to walk through the queue, but not get on the ride? Did the ride once on the last trip, from the single rider line, do NOT want to go on it again. :blush: But, I would love to walk through the queue, see the artifacts (especially the Yeti footprint cast from the Destination Truth show) and get some pictures. Can I do this then gracefully exit before getting on the ride?

snerd475
05-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Yes, you can. Just tell the CM at the front of the line that you wish to exit, and you just go out! No problem.

#1donaldfan
05-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Certainly can !!!! I want my chicken sister to do just that, but she's afraid that once in the line she'll be pressured into riding ?? Is that not just silly !!!! SHE'S A BIG CHICKEN !!!

mainemajor
05-08-2010, 10:04 AM
The queue is almost better than the ride. People step out at the end all the time for different reasons. Enjoy yourself - that's what it's all about :thumbsup:

dinahvixen
05-08-2010, 10:36 AM
I do it all the time!

clausjo
05-08-2010, 12:40 PM
We do this quite a bit, actually. I wait in line with my son and daughter and, right when we're getting ready to be assigned our seat, my daughter chickens out and me and her leave. :blush: I love the ride, but she doesn't. This way I can be in line with him the entire time - he's only 10 and I don't feel comfortable having him in line alone.

Septbride2002
05-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Yep and I think this is one of the best done queues on Disney Property. Enjoy!

~Amanda

WDWdriver
05-08-2010, 08:31 PM
The EE queue is amazing. There is so much to learn about the elusive yeti. And don't miss the exhibit from the lost expedition. Is it real?

hurdlertwin
05-08-2010, 10:58 PM
the maps and information was actually collected by WDW officials who went to the areas where the yeti is believed to live after interviewing the locals of the area

TheVBs
05-09-2010, 09:51 AM
So good to know I'm not the only one! That's what I'll do next trip then. Actually, if DH wants to ride will they let us all walk through with the girls and I exiting just before the ride? Our youngest DD will be too small (actually, considering our next trip is 2011, she may not be by then!). I didn't know if they'd actually let her go through the line knowing we'd be exiting if she doesn't meet the height requirements. I figured if we could do that, we'd all be able to enjoy the queue and DH would get to do the ride.

Zawadi
05-09-2010, 04:53 PM
The queue is almost better than the ride. People step out at the end all the time for different reasons. Enjoy yourself - that's what it's all about :thumbsup:

:ditto:
It took over 2 years to gather the artefacts displayed within the queue area. That attention to detail deserves respect.

Imagineer1981
05-10-2010, 12:49 PM

except when kids ring the bells for 10 minutes straight...ah!!

TikiLounger
05-10-2010, 01:01 PM
I could hang around in this queue all day...I love it.

Kenny1113
05-10-2010, 02:52 PM
So good to know I'm not the only one! That's what I'll do next trip then. Actually, if DH wants to ride will they let us all walk through with the girls and I exiting just before the ride? Our youngest DD will be too small (actually, considering our next trip is 2011, she may not be by then!). I didn't know if they'd actually let her go through the line knowing we'd be exiting if she doesn't meet the height requirements. I figured if we could do that, we'd all be able to enjoy the queue and DH would get to do the ride.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they will let you in the line if she doesn't meet the height requirement.

elmjimmlm
05-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Certainly can !!!! I want my chicken sister to do just that, but she's afraid that once in the line she'll be pressured into riding ?? Is that not just silly !!!! SHE'S A BIG CHICKEN !!!

I WILL ride this year and you will be eating those words! (you believe me don't you?):blush:

WDWdriver
05-10-2010, 06:03 PM
I didn't know if they'd actually let her go through the line knowing we'd be exiting if she doesn't meet the height requirements.

Sorry, you must be 44 inches tall to enter the queue. I hope your daughter is tall enough by then.

TheVBs
05-11-2010, 04:48 PM
That's what I was thinking, if she's not tall enough, she probably cannot go through the queue, even if she's not riding. No big deal though. If she's not tall enough I'll just make an opportunity for myself to go through alone and see it. All of the comments here have made me REALLY want to see it now! :mickey:

GrumpyFan
05-11-2010, 05:54 PM
BTW: Every queue has a "chicken exit" or way out without actually going on the ride.

#1donaldfan
05-12-2010, 01:56 PM
I WILL ride this year and you will be eating those words! (you believe me don't you?):blush:

NOPE !!:cool:

Michelle15
05-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Yes you can! I love looking at all of the picture and stuff. Very interesting.:thumbsup: