PDA

View Full Version : I didn't know that!!

plutosnana
05-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Has anyone had those days at wdw or dl where you have done the wrong thing you thought was okay? Example mixed with what happened to my family. So we walked into Epcot. At Epcot you can eat if you have reservation:chipdale: . So we went in Epcot and walked around (and had not known that we had to eat in order to walk around, we thought it was opened early) tried to ride alot but then all of them were closed. We got in Epcot and everyone was still in line to get in the park. We literally were the only ones there:trampo:. Then we had realized that you could only come in if you had a reservation which the cast member never asked us:confused:. So then we talked to some cast members and had to stay in this one room with the cast members waiting until the park was opened.

CaptSmee
05-07-2010, 04:07 PM
nope, never done anything I shouldn't have. how did you get in? there is a separate line for guests with reservations & they ask you for your confirmation #

tinkergal
05-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Ha, I think that's pretty funny (except that seems like it could've been a security issue were you not the stellar family that you obviously are). How long were you corraled w/ the CM's? Was that an enjoyable experience?

SBETigg
05-07-2010, 04:58 PM
You used to be able to get in to all parks before rope drop and just walk around, even without dining reservations. It was idyllic. I'll never forget my children, their faces the first time we entered the almost empty MK and walked around outside the castle. That was 2001, a few months after Sept 11 and still before they changed some rules.

plutosnana
05-07-2010, 05:42 PM
I really never thought of the other ideas. Its been such a long time ago I forgot the whole line and everything!

magicofdisney
05-07-2010, 06:43 PM
You used to be able to get in to all parks before rope drop and just walk around, even without dining reservations. It was idyllic. I'll never forget my children, their faces the first time we entered the almost empty MK and walked around outside the castle. That was 2001, a few months after Sept 11 and still before they changed some rules.
I never knew that was possible. I bet you loved it. :mickey:

DisneyFr33k
05-08-2010, 10:03 AM
The only thing I did wrong was not see a line to have the person at China stamp my children's face mask stick. I thought it was just a crowd around the table. I realized I was in the wrong spot once another mother started screaming at me... really screaming... once I got over the embarrassment, I thought "gee lady, you are in the happiest place on Earth.... chill!"

ransam
05-08-2010, 10:51 AM
they are "suppose" to ask for a confirmation number, but sometimes they don't.I"ve been to 3 different breakfasts, one they did ask, the other two we just walked in. You did nothing wrong by going in on accident. Kind of cool to have the park to yourself for a bit isn't it?

crltkcagle
05-08-2010, 09:08 PM
I didn't know that you weren't allowed to video the show at Monsters Inc. Laugh floor. So I pulled out my sony and started recording. A few minutes into it a lady came and tapped me on the shoulder and reamed me for videoing. I felt like a kids getting screamed at by her teacher. I was so embarrased.

hurdlertwin
05-08-2010, 10:51 PM
wow, I bet that was amazing. our group went once when the MK was extremely desserted and got to experience that feeling of being the only people in the parks

Mrs Bus Driver
05-09-2010, 10:48 AM
I didn't do anything wrong (except miss school). A little over 40 years ago when I was 8 or 9 my mother had me skip school one day and took me to DL. We really were the first people in the park. I will never forget it all the carriages and cars lined up waiting for riders. We got in one, the driver went around the loop and dropped us off near Aunt Jamima's, we had Micky pancakes. It is one of my happiest memories. Which is why I am such a disney fan today. :mickey: