PDA

View Full Version : Does EMH = heavy crowds that day???

Diznut
05-07-2010, 02:24 PM
It was always my understanding that EMH days that park is fuller than usual. Is that true?

We leave in 2 days. I can't believe we're down to the final 48 hours.

05-07-2010, 02:27 PM
It was always my understanding that EMH days that park is fuller than usual. Is that true?

No.

Mousemates
05-07-2010, 02:30 PM
yep, it makes for a busier park...but that doesn't mean to avoid the park, you can do lots of riding in that first hour if you use it to the fullest...when we do early emh we usually stay at that park until about two or three hours after the regular park opening and then hop someplace else when it starts to get super busy. However, at this time of the year when things aren't as busy, I don't think it will be that much of an issue for you.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-07-2010, 03:38 PM
We have always found that EMH parks are busier than others. More resort guests head there, and if they don't have park-hoppers, they spend the day.

Morning EMH's are well worth it, and you can get a lot done in that extra hour, but evening ones seem to be just as busy as during the day.

KylesMom
05-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Morning EMH's are well worth it, and you can get a lot done in that extra hour, but evening ones seem to be just as busy as during the day. We have the same philosophy.

We'll do morning EMH - at least at MK and AK - but have pretty much avoided evening EMH due to the increase in crowds during the summertime over the past few years. It was great the first few years of evening EMH - crowds weren't near as prevalent. Now, you have to wait over two hours after the evening EMH starts to see a decrease in crowds, at least that's been our observation at MK, Epcot & DHS. And I really don't like the way they've removed the wristband option for the extra evening hours . . .

CaptSmee
05-07-2010, 04:04 PM
well, I'm sure it depends on several factors. in general if a park is having EMH's in the pm, it seems very slow in the am and picks up to a heavy pace later in the day. opposite seems to be true if a parks is having EMH's in the am, heavy at first, empties out later in the day.

now I have been to some of the parks on occasion where the EMH's have been completely deserted as well, but it's not usually the norm.