PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian Luau Dinner Show Reviews??

onjbj
05-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Thinking of trying this on our trip in August if I can get a reservation. Will my 5 yr olds be entertained or should I stick to something with characters like Mickey's Backyard BBQ? Thanks for any info on this show.

WVParkfan
05-07-2010, 12:22 PM
We've made reservations our first trip to the Luau this August. We've been to plenty of character breakfasts, but I wanted to see a show. I let my kids pick (DS16, DD10), and they chose the Luau over the Hoop de Doo. We've never been to either, but I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time (especially since the kids got to pick).

Here's a recent thread with some reviews: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=167356&highlight=luau

DizneyRox
05-07-2010, 12:32 PM
I'd do the Hoop Dee Doo... If someone in my group wanted to see the Luau, I'd just let them know where they can find me...

onjbj
05-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the link.... I think we'll pass. I hadn't considered how hot it would be sitting there at the end of August. I'd rather eat indoors and get a break from the heat. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Tygger7
05-07-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm afraid I would avoid the luau...I've heard too many complaints, and some horror stories, about it to risk 2 TS credits. I think 5-year olds would much prefer Chef Mickeys or Crystal Palace for the character interaction. And, if I wanted to do a dinner show, I'd choose Hoop Dee Doo over the luau any time.

CU Tiger
05-07-2010, 12:55 PM
We were not impressed and my DDs were board at the Luau. We love going to the HDDR and go about every other year. It has not changed, but we never get tired of it.:mickey:

Tinker Fan
05-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Well we have been to the Luau 3 times with our kids starting at ages 7 and we all had fun, it was something different to see, the food was great all 3 times and was relaxing watching the show and eating. I know not everyone will agree but our kids loved it. It is something to do at least once and if you don't like it you don't have to go back again. I know we will go again.:thumbsup:

TheVBs
05-08-2010, 08:56 AM
We went two trips ago and enjoyed it, but wouldn't opt to do it again. The food was great, the entertainment was fun (a little hokey in some parts, but fun), but the girls did get bored eventually.

We did Mickey's Backyard BBQ on the last trip and it was fantastic! The girls enjoyed this much more than the luau and we would definitely do it again.

mickeytravel
05-08-2010, 10:25 AM
the food at the luau was not great. I would do Ohana over that. Would and entertainment is great there!

onjbj
05-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Would love to try Ohana... it's booked for the length of our stay, so I have to keep checking for an opening. Thinking of Mickey's Backyard BBQ, but a bit leary b/c of the heat at the end of August. We did the HDDR a few years ago. Maybe we'll try that again.