PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier

Dr. Disney
05-07-2010, 10:01 AM
I am visiting the World Sept. 12th - 17th for free dining this year :thumbsup: Unfortunately, Le Cellier is booked solid :mad: I am traveling w/ a rather large group (5a, 4 ch). I was able to get ressies (by some chance) for the Monday at 2:20pm. This would be their lunch time. Has anyone ever had lunch here.. Is it the same as the dinner experience? I've seen a few lunch menus on this and other sites, some list my filet mignon, some don't. Also, would you keep these lunch ressies, or am I better off having dinner somewhere else?

faline
05-07-2010, 10:47 AM
I know I've lunched there at least once but it was quite some time ago. I don't recall what we ate but it was good.

You can continue to try to find a dinner time reservation as cancellations occur but, with such a large party, that might be difficult.

jodijo
05-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Yes, it is pretty much the same. We had lunch and dinner there in November and I got the Filet Mignon for both. I would say, if you have a lunch reservations, go for it. Also, I kept checking back every day for a few weeks and a dinner reservation opened up. So, don't give up. You might get something if you keep trying.

By the way, have some chocolate moose for me. :mickey:

Julie_Mouse
05-07-2010, 11:02 AM
I've been for both lunch and dinner, and for both visits, the menus were identical (with the exception of the prices being lower on the lunch menu). I wasn't really paying attention to portion size, but I've seen others comment that the lunch portions are smaller.

It's worth noting though, that I'm sure they could alter their menu at any time to reflect what food they have available. That is to say that if, for some reason, there was a shortage of a particular cut, it might not appear on the menu. Maybe this could be responsible for the menu changes you reported in your post?

Either way, it's a fantastic restaurant, and I definitely wouldn't change your ressie :mickey:

clausjo
05-07-2010, 11:17 AM
We've never gone for dinner, but had lunch there in February and I had the fillet. It was wonderful! I'd keep the lunch ressie and keep trying for dinner. Good luck!

cer
05-07-2010, 01:40 PM
I had the filet on the lunch menu in February, too. It was great. I did not notice the lunch menu being completely different than the dinner menu, but then again I was going for the filet....

I am so hungry!

wdw dude
05-07-2010, 02:35 PM
I ate there for lunch on Saturday, May 1st. I had the filet with mushroom risotto and the cheddar cheese soup. Both were really good. They also serve the good breadsticks that are available at dinner time. They had sandwiches and lunchtime is probably a little cheaper than dinner, but I've never compared prices. They also had a menu where you can pick several choices for a fixed price like they do in Chefs de France. I didn't think to keep one of the menus so I don't remember what was available.

I enjoyed lunch as much as dinner.

:mickey:

Dr. Disney
05-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Thanks everyone! My DW is so excited to see the filet with mushroom risotto "should" be available for lunch. We'll keep trying for the dinner ressies!

MinnieMommie
05-08-2010, 07:38 AM
I have done lunch and dinner there. The portions were a bit smaller at lunch but they offer the cheddar cheese soup and bread sticks I love during both times. I say keep your lunch reservation and stay on the waitlist for dinner. :mickey:

Jenemmy
05-09-2010, 02:28 PM
You have your answer already, but I will just chime in and say I had lunch there last Wednesday. My son ordered the filet and LOVED it :mickey: