PDA

View Full Version : Extra Magic Hours

sydzach
05-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Just wondering, we are going to Disney the week leading into Thanksgiving and are trying to make the decision of staying on property and stay off site. We have done both before but when we stayed at a Disney property, our kids were younger so we did not take advantage ofthe extra hours. This trip, that really does factor into our decision to some degree. Now, financially, we are on a very tight budget but have been planning to stay on property up until recently. However, there is NO DOUBT we can save a bundle of cash not staying property-and because as of now there doesn't look to be any discounts for Disney hotels or dining for the time we are going, the extra park hours is something I am thinking about.

That being said, are the extra hours really that beneficial? Do you really feel they are worth spending say 50 or more dollars a night to stay on property? Thanks for your insight on this, just curious as to what the Disney pros have to say. :mickey:

faline
05-07-2010, 09:18 AM
We do get a lot done particularly if you utilize a morning extra magic hour. Generally, though, we prefer to stay on-site for a number of reasons beyond extra magic hours. You're the only one who can really determine if you'll get enough value out of staying on-site versus a stay off-site. Don't forget to factor in the cost of parking and a rental car if you stay off-site. Also, if you are there Thanksgiving week, you can expect increased crowds and traffic trying to get access to the parks.

DonaldsBFF
05-07-2010, 10:24 AM
For us, staying on property is what makes the vacation. From the moment we check our baggage at the airport we get to enjoy the benefits of stating on property. We don't have to worry about anything but having fun. Our bags are brought to our room at some point that day, we are taken from MCO to our resort on the ME, no worries about getting to and from parks as Disney transportation takes care of that. Plus all of the theming of the resorts, the dining plan, EMH. It is definately the most relaxing and fun vacation that we ever take. Now would I still jump on the opportunity to go to WDW if I wasn't staying on-site? Absolutely. But I think it is a whole different experience if you stay there. Well worth the money!

Stu29573
05-07-2010, 10:56 AM
We're going to be there teh same week!:D Anyway, I really think that staying on property is worth it. We use the EMH quite a bit, plus teh transportation is nice, etc. By the way, I could be wrong but I think they are going to announce discounts for that week soon. I only say this because we just got a PIN for our trip...Usually they seem to give those out before they announce the general discount.

PlutoPlanet
05-07-2010, 12:15 PM
We like to stay on property for the atmosphere. We avoid the park with morning EMH because it gets too crowded too soon.

CU Tiger
05-07-2010, 12:48 PM
We stay on property every time because of all the benefits and you are submursed into Disney. We actually do not take advantage of the extra magic hours very often. We have been there enough that we can do what we want during the normal times. We try to plan our days by what park will be the least croweded and not the magic hours.:mickey:

sydzach
05-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the insight. We are driving down, as we are in the metro Atlanta area, so no rental car needed, the parking issue is something to consider for sure. Certainly if they offer a discount, that could push the decision to a no brainer but we shall see. We went last year spring break, offsite and had a GREAT time. To me, I am all about the park and the rides so and less about the hotel. I am just there to sleep and shower basically. But, my wife really wants to be on property and while I am not against it, Disney is certainl NOT cheap.