PDA

View Full Version : OKW room/distance question

Ropachs
05-06-2010, 08:30 PM
I just found out my MIL booked us in building 28S. I keep hearing over and over about how far the walk is to hospitality at this resort. Looking on the map, building 28 looks fairly close. Can anyone tell me if the walk from this building is a short one? MIL has bad knees, I'm hoping we don't have to take a bus just to get drinks, etc.
Also, anyone know what the S stands for? Thanks!

Pirate Granny
05-06-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm curious...how do you know your in Bldg 28...we're going in March and I'm trying to get all info regarding the various bldgs and any tips anyone can give us. Please let me know how your visit went.
:pirate:

Ropachs
05-07-2010, 07:07 AM
We're not going until December, so I'm not much help to you. My Mother-in-law took care of all the booking as this is through their timeshare. It was the timeshare rep. (Shell/RCI) who gave her the bldg. info. Maybe that's why we know...perhaps their timeshare only has so many rooms/bldgs and they know which ones they have. That's just my guess because on all of our previous trips we did not know our room or bldg until we physically checked-in...we did request certain things, but there was never a guarantee.

WelshieLover
05-07-2010, 03:01 PM
I am surprised you know what building already. It does not make sense to me. I don't think they assign room that far in advance.

Building 28 is not too far from the Hospitality House but for some one with knee problems it is a bit of a walk. It is even a little bit of a walk to the bus stop.

The resort itself is beautiful. I think you will love it there.

plien69
05-08-2010, 01:10 PM
We're also booked into OKW via RCI, and on our RCI confirmation, it lists 28F. I don't think 28F/28S are room numbers. From pictures I've seen, I think OKW units have four digit numbers.

28F/28S seems to be some sort of code for unit type. FYI, we are booked into a 2 bedroom unit.

From what I've read, rooms aren't assigned until 3 days prior to arrival, and there would be no way for RCI to have that information at the time you made the booking with them (presumably months in advance).

Ropachs
05-08-2010, 08:11 PM
We're in a 2 bedroom as well....I'd love to know what the S and F stand for!

plien69
05-09-2010, 12:39 AM
I've read that 'F' stands for Friday check in, which we are doing.

Ropachs
05-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Mystery solved. That must be it, as we check in on a Saturday.