PDA

View Full Version : "Reimagining" Star Tours in 2011

cer
05-06-2010, 03:26 PM
FOUND THIS ON THE DISNEY BLOG:

Star Wars fans – today, we’ve announced that Star Wars Celebration V — the official Lucasfilm fan convention and the biggest Star Wars party in the galaxy taking place in Orlando, Fla., from August 12-15, 2010 — will feature a first-of-its-kind special event at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
You can “be the first to be the among last” passengers aboard Star Tours before the famed attraction “powers down” to make way for its new “reimagining” in 2011.

Scheduled for August 14 from 8:00 p.m.– 1:00 a.m., the “Last Tour to Endor” party will feature intergalactic party zones, Star Wars shows, a “Death Star Disco” and a Star Wars-themed fireworks spectacular. Star Wars fans of all ages will have the chance to experience the power of the Force and the magic of Disney combining for one special night. And it’s all designed for guests attending Star Wars Celebration V.
It’ll be the place to be for all of the Sith, Bith, Twileks, Rodians and their best friends to celebrate the Star Wars saga in one of the most magical places on earth.

PopPhan
05-06-2010, 03:51 PM
This is being discussed here:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=170373

finaldynasty
06-05-2010, 08:49 PM
I am very excited about the new ride. Thank you for the information.

Fastpasssteve
06-06-2010, 12:11 AM
This all sounds unspeakably cool. I wish I could be there! Death Star Disco, indeed!

Goofy Pluto
06-07-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm going! :D

Just so happens this falls right in the middle of our trip when we'll be there. We already have our tickets! WHOO HOO! :darth:

I wish I could go to the convention, too, but it's just too much expense and I really don't think my family would get much out of it. Darn shame. :(