PDA

View Full Version : Random Disney Story

SallyMcQueen
05-05-2010, 04:27 PM
So I'm jonesing for a WDW trip, but DH and I have "agreed" (that means he talked me into) waiting until DS is older (turns 3 on Saturday) so he can enjoy it more. Well I've got the kid working for me. Everytime we watch a Disney movie, which is at least 3 times a week if not more, and that opening sequence starts that shows the castle and fireworks etc. DS will yell "Dinney Wold, Dinney Wold" even though he's never been. He's even started asking when he can go (we took DD a year and half ago). DH has a hard time saying no to him so I'm hoping I can have the kid convince him that we need to go now.

I almost thought I had DH on board when they announced the extended dates for kids stay/play free. So close, but no cigar. Okay just wanted to share that with fellow Disney fans.

ali'sdad2003
05-05-2010, 05:25 PM
I believe there is no such thing as too young for Disney. My DD6 has been there 4 times and my DS2 has been there twice. I can not express how much I have enjoyed seeing them change and grow through the different trips. :cloud9:My DD6 remembers so much from the trips and has her own favorites. Plus, honestly, since they are free until they hit 3, I figure, take them while they are free.:D I would encourage any one of that opinion to give it a shot. You will not regret it. Plus, you gain so many memories of what they are doing. Sure, they may not remember, but you will and that is just as special to me. I hope your husband sees the light.:)Sorry to ramble.

lettripp
05-05-2010, 05:26 PM
OMG he sounds adorable... and so convincing! Tell him to keep up the good work, I'm sure DH will "break" eventually :mickey:

PharmD
05-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Sounds like you got the perfect cohort in your plan :cool:. My youngest son went the first time when he was 8 months old. Guess what his favorite thing was?:confused: The fireworks shows:D.

DVC2004
05-05-2010, 09:25 PM
LOL I remember doing that with mine, too. We watched the planning video every day I think. We took both kids for the first time when my oldest was 4 1/2 and the little one just turned 3. When we were there though my little one kept asking when are we going to Disney World, we kept explaining we are here! LOL there was a disconnect somewhere- but we all had a great time. Thanks for your story! Brings back memories...:cloud9:

DizNee143
05-06-2010, 03:27 PM
awww..too cute!
hopefully your hubby will break down soon..and you guys can start planning your vacation!
im aiming to go to disney next winter! our little girl - Cheyenne..will be 2...i CANT wait to go!!! :mickey:
GOODLUCK!