PDA

View Full Version : Old Key West

Ropachs
05-05-2010, 02:25 PM
I thought I just posted this, but now can't find it, it may be because we just found out that we won't have to stay off property this December:thumbsup:

Shell/RCI had a cancellation so we'll be staying at Old Key West. This probably wouldn't have been my first choice, but we are VERY happy to be staying in the land we love :cloud9:

I know almost nothing about this resort...tell me what you like and don't like. Thanks!

Julie_Mouse
05-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Have never stayed here, but recently read a very thorough (positive!) review with lots of pics on another message board. PM if you'd like the link :mickey:

Through the looking Glass
05-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Love OKW one of my Favs. Try to request a room close to the Head house.
Old Key West is very quiet. Rooms are large. Property is expansive, if not close to the Head House you will need to use bus system.
My Kiddies love the pool, its there favorate.

Carolanne
05-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Love OKW one of my Favs. Try to request a room close to the Head house. Old Key West is very quiet. Rooms are large. Property is expansive, if not close to the Head House you will need to use bus system. Ditto this. My mom & I love OKW. The last few fall room specials, we've upgraded to this resort.

Checkers
05-05-2010, 05:19 PM
:mickey:We love OKW (one of our "homes") and it is always a relaxing vacation. The rooms are larger than the other resorts plus we just love the boat to Downtown Disney. You can request to be close to the Hospitality House which is also close to the main pool and Olivia's (sit-down restaurant) and the Gurgling Suitcase. The exterior of the buildings has been renovated this past year and the interior is just now being refurbished but shouldn't impact your vacation. I think you will be pleased with OKW. Enjoy!

artyboy
05-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Love Old Key West...although it looks nothing like the real Key West...huge rooms, relaxing location!

ThanxForNoticin
05-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Shell/RCI had a cancellation so we'll be staying at Old Key West. This probably wouldn't have been my first choice, but we are VERY happy to be staying in the land we love :cloud9:

After you stay at OKW, it just might become your 'first choice' in the future. It's a really great resort with some of the largest rooms on property. We stay there often and love it. Hope you have a great time!

Auroring Good Time
05-09-2010, 06:50 PM
We loved OKW. We had building 19 which was right near a small pool and it had a beautiful view and very private.

tinkman
05-10-2010, 06:34 AM
OKW is our home resort and we really love it. As someone stated before, it is big, quiet. Disappointed in Olivia's. Ate breakfest there one day and thought the prices were outragous! So for the rest of the week, we bought a some eggs, milk, bread, jam and few other breakfest foods and made our own. Worked out great!

Horizon93
05-10-2010, 09:24 PM
We also love OKW. We will be there later this year. Huge rooms, great feel, very relaxing, boat to DTD, short bus rides.

We love taking walks around the resort, eating at Olivia's and hanging out at the Gurgling Suitcase.

Enjoy your trip!