PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Dessert Party

DisneyBunch
05-05-2010, 01:50 PM
During a Wishes Dessert Party, how long does the actual event last? I have heard 30 minutes or less.....is this correct?:mickey:

KylesMom
05-05-2010, 01:57 PM
When I called earlier this week to inquire about a July 30th date, I was told the event ran from 9:00-9:25 pm.

bburky502
05-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Hello,
I just tried calling dining reservations, and I was told by the agent that the Wishes Dessert Party is not being held in June. Can anyone confirm if they are or not? I saw on another site that someone got reservations for June 6th.

Thanks!

bburky502
05-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Nevermind...I called back and spoke to a different and got my reservation...and it's our 15 year wedding anniversary! I am very excited!!:yay:

DisneyBunch
05-05-2010, 09:33 PM
When I called earlier this week to inquire about a July 30th date, I was told the event ran from 9:00-9:25 pm.

Wow! $30 for 25 minutes seems high. I usually don't blink at Disney's prices, but even I will pass on this...........:down:

disneymom2000
05-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Someone - please enlighten me on this? Where is it held? What does it entail?:)

KylesMom
05-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Wow! $30 for 25 minutes seems high. I usually don't blink at Disney's prices, but even I will pass on this........... Breaking it down to almost a buck a minute each, times the three in my family, I agree. $90 for 25 minutes??? Nah, I'll stick with our tasty and well-planned ADRs!!!

Tick-Tock
05-06-2010, 11:55 AM
We did this last Sunday. It opened at 9 p.m. (Wishes was at 10 p.m.). It took a little while for everyone to get checked in, but we were at our table by about 9:15-9:20. The desserts were available the whole time (including a few still out after Wishes). We were able to stay as long as we wanted after Wishes was over; as it turned out, we left around 10:30 or so without anyone shooing us out, and there were still a few people sitting around at that point.

The tables were all assigned with placecards with the reservation name on them (taped down so no one would start switching to get a "better" table). We had a two-top right on the edge overlooking the castle; not sure if it was because I made the reservations as soon as the dates were announced or because it was my birthday. About 10 minutes before Wishes people started lining up along the wall to watch the show.

Also, they gave us a wristband so that we could leave and return if we wished.

Tick-Tock
05-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Someone - please enlighten me on this? Where is it held? What does it entail?:)

It is held at the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station. Lots of sugar in various tasty forms.

KylesMom
05-06-2010, 02:02 PM
We did this last Sunday. It opened at 9 p.m. (Wishes was at 10 p.m.). It took a little while for everyone to get checked in, but we were at our table by about 9:15-9:20. The desserts were available the whole time (including a few still out after Wishes). We were able to stay as long as we wanted after Wishes was over; as it turned out, we left around 10:30 or so without anyone shooing us out, and there were still a few people sitting around at that point. Thanks for the details, Tick-Tock. I was thinking that for $29.99 each in July, they would have to give you more than 25 minutes to select & eat the desserts provided!

queenmom9497
05-06-2010, 02:44 PM
:party:Woot Woot! Just got my first choice of reservations for the Wishes Dessert Party in JUNE!!!! June 20th to be exact. Our time is 9pm, the show is at 10pm. I am very excited as is my DH and now...how should I tell my sweet-toothed DD's we are going to this....???? Any thoughts??? 44 days but WHO'S counting??? :mickey:

wdw dude
05-06-2010, 03:15 PM
I was at the dessert party last week and, although I didn't keep track of the time, I would say that we were there for at least an hour including Wishes. There were still people lingering after we left.

The desserts were really good. I liked that they were small so you could sample a lot of things instead of filling up on one thing. I also had some fruit, but that was only ok. The watermelon and pineapple were good, but I don't know why Disney serves cantaloupe and honeydew that's still crunchy. There was also coffee, milk, tea (hot), and lemonade. No carbonated soft drinks.

There's an excellent view of Wishes. :fworks:

Tick-Tock gave a good review of the party.

:mickey:

DisneyBunch
05-06-2010, 06:32 PM
We did this last Sunday. It opened at 9 p.m. (Wishes was at 10 p.m.).
This is good to know. 60 minutes is much better than 25 minutes. :mickey: