PDA

View Full Version : Too small for Barnstormer?

Imagineer1981
05-05-2010, 01:36 PM
We are going next week...yay!!!...and my son is now 2yr 3months. He is 36 inches. Do you think he is still to young for Barnstormer? I know it depends on the child, but how young have your children been when they first rode it?
Thanks for the help!!! :mickey:

seanyred
05-05-2010, 02:28 PM
My son was 2 years 7months old and about 39 Inches tall when he road the first time. The only issue I had was that it was one lap bar so it stopped on my legs (i'm 6'2"). So I had one arm around and the other holding his chest so he didn't accidentatly hit his head on anything. No fear of falling out since the entire ride has down force on you. Bottom line my son loves it, road it again in March and talks about almost everyday still.

hubbyofadisneyholic
05-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Is Barnstormer even still open?
Since it is in Toontown I thought it was in the area that is closed and being renovated...:confused:

KylesMom
05-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Is Barnstormer even still open? Since it is in Toontown I thought it was in the area that is closed and being renovated

At this time, Barnstormer is still open.

To the original poster, this is the same age that our DS was when he had his first trip to Disney. Although he was tall enough, we just didn't think he was strong enough to support himself (head/neck) after seeing the ride in action. As you said, it is different for every child, and yours might be fine. :mickey:

MidnTPK
05-06-2010, 09:40 AM
I took my DD on it when she was 27 months. She was around the same size at that point. She loved it, but she has no fear.

tannermansmom
05-06-2010, 10:21 AM
My son was a little over two years old the first time he rode it and loved it. We let him watch others ride it a few times and make up his own mind. I think this helped build up his excitement. After his first ride, we immediately got back in line to ride a second time. I sat in front of my husband and son & got some of the cutest pictures of my son while he was on the ride. Enjoy your trip!:thumbsup:

allirae
05-06-2010, 10:50 AM
When my DS was 2 yrs 5 mos, I took him on it. He was fine in line, looked terrrified while on the ride, and as soon as we got off he wanted to get in line again.

Imagineer1981
05-07-2010, 11:21 AM
thanks for the posts. He loves to bounce around in the car and go fast in the shopping carts and stuff so I think he'll be ok! Can't wait :mickey: