PDA

View Full Version : Behind the times....

Sunshine1010
05-05-2010, 01:15 PM
I know I'm behind the times, but I need to make sure I'm understanding something.

Previously, you could be put on a wait list for a particular place if it wasn't available, or if it wasn't your Home resort.

Am I correct in stating that we can't call each day trying to get that particular day? So.....now, we can only call and try to get the whole thing at once correct?

I know I'm not making sense....

DizneyRox
05-05-2010, 04:02 PM
I don't understand the question really... But here's a go..

You are only allowed two waitlists. I believe a waitlist is a day or consecutive span of days at a particular resort.

If you waitlist, if something comes available, then you will be notified and can opt in or out of that.

You are welcome to call each and every day to ask if there is availability at some place that you want to stay. This does involve more work on your part, but you can do that and this is NOT considered a waitlist.

Many folks have been on a waitlist, but not yet notified of availabilty and asked for a room and gotten it. This to me kindof defeats the purpose of the waitlist, but the waitlist does save 15-20 minutes a day on the phone with member services.

If you ABSOLUTELY need to get a room at a particular resort though, it does pay to call often.

Tiggerish
05-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Just FYI, when they changed the waitlist rules to limit you to two waitlists, they also now automatically rebook your reservation if the waitlist comes through--they no longer notify you to ask if you still want it.

Priority Four
05-07-2010, 12:43 PM
I have had good luck with the waitlist up to about a week out. We had an enexpected guest along on our last trip. She was my nineteen year old son's GF (DGF for those who speak Disney) who found out about a month out that she could go. The short story is we really needed another room so we waitlisted. I cancelled my waitlist a few days prior and began calling twice a day. We got the room we needed the day before our arrival while we were driving from Texas.