PDA

View Full Version : Trip to the ER

Disney4us2
05-04-2010, 10:24 PM
I had an unexpected trip to the ER:doctor: with my DD. She hurt her leg, just below the knee at school. She sorta slid and she said her leg was bending upward. After x-rays of the knee area... luckly just a sprain. She was given tylenol with codeine in the ER:nurse:.... and it is funny to see how she is acting on it. My DF said she looked like a cheap drunk..lol:laughing:

We made record time there... only 3 hours. They were packed and being treated in the inside waiting room. What a mad house.

She is doing much better and not in as much pain with the tylenol/codeine. I think having an ace bandage on her leg makes feel better too. They said she could go back to school tomorrow. I think it might be better to keep her home to rest the leg. I think I will see how she is in the morning.

DiannaJ
05-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Sorry to hear about her accident. There will be alot more pain tomorrow since she did what they call a hyper extension or sprain it will be really sore speaking from experience myself. I would keep her home for at least one day to let it start the healing process. The tendons will be really stiff tomorrow. I wish her well...:mickey:

cer
05-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Oh no. Hate having to go to the ER. Hope she is feeling better!

SBETigg
05-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Sorry to hear it, Marci. I hope she's out of pain soon (and off the meds- poor dear:))

princessgirls
05-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Glad your daughter is on the mend on your trip to the ER was not a nightmare.

My husband has worked in the ER of a hospital for the last 18 years. THANKFULLY, we have only had to go once with one of our daughters, and got the royal treatment. Madison was 5 and cut her self and had to have 10 stitches, in spite of that, she fondly remembers her trip to the ER and how everyone was so nice.

Positive experience are key in these situations!
Julie:mickey:

faline
05-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Goodness! What a day! Hopefully, she is back to her usual self very soon!