PDA

View Full Version : Is there a "slow time" of year anymore?

Disdad13
05-04-2010, 05:01 PM
We went to DW the first time in 2005, and then again each year for the next three after that - always during September and always during Free Dining. We skipped last year :( but are thinking of going again this September. My question is for all of you regulars out there - is this still considered "Value season" with smaller crowds, etc.? We certainly noticed an increase in crowd size from the first year we went to the last year, and since they seem to promote it more every year, is it still the value it once was? Or are crowds getting larger during this time?

Fastpasssteve
05-05-2010, 12:42 AM
I have found that the MK is historically less crowded in September and October...the kids are back in school starting the year. However, if you want to visit EPCOT in late October, this is the time of the Annual Food and Wine Festival...which brings in a lot of local and Florida residents, but not a lot of extra people into the resorts. EPCOT would be full, but the buses wouldn't be.

The Magic Kingdom may be more congested on days in Sept/Oct on days when they are hosting Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Many locals come for this. A lot of families who are staying at the Disney resorts will take a break during the afternoon for naps and then to change into their costumes for the party later that night (which lasts until 12 midnight--I'd want a disco nap, too!)

So, check the calendar for special events like these.

andywicks
05-05-2010, 07:19 AM
We found early January very quiet in 2007. We have also come over late October/early November several times and the parks are generally not too bad compared to high season and holidays. This also coincides with EPCOT Food and Wine festival which we enjoy!

cer
05-05-2010, 07:29 AM
Not sure about other times of the year, but we tend to go late January-early February and find the crowds to be smaller....

clausjo
05-05-2010, 08:56 AM
We've been many times in late January/early February and the crowds are very small. The weather is a gamble, though, but it's a good trade off. When we were just there this past February, we did everything the kids wanted to do in the MK in half a day. Epcot was a bit crowded on the Saturday we left, but other than that, the parks were great and we'd go again next year at that time.

renecat
05-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Last year 2009 we went the week of Labor day. Must say we found the parks not to be crowded at all. Would be going again at this time if not for the fact one of the people going with us this year could not go at this time.

crltkcagle
05-05-2010, 10:18 AM
October is a great time to go!

Imagineer1981
05-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Free Dining has definitely increased Sept/Oct crowds as well as the increased popularity of MNSSHP. However it is still as great time to go, as well as Jan/Feb...the parks are dead then

Going2HeavenRU
05-05-2010, 08:16 PM
How are crowds the 2 week in November? With kids still in school and the holiday a couple of weeks away, is this a good time?

eeyorepoohfan
05-06-2010, 12:06 PM
My hubby and I went in early/mid December last year and found the crowds to be very manageable. On all my previous trips to WDW, we would go in the summer, so it was very crowded. I frequent Disneyland and found the December WDW crowds much less than on any trip I have ever gone to Disneyland. Plus, I love the Christmas decorations! :thumbsup:

diz_girl
05-06-2010, 03:20 PM
We also went in Sep 2005 and found the crowds very light. It was the first time that I'd ever walked on to Space Mountain. I haven't been back since during September, but late Jan/early Feb (we went in 2007) is also a very quiet time and most rides had short waits (except Soarin' and Peter Pan, so we would use Fastpass on those rides). Our last trip was in early Dec and while the crowds were heavier than in Sep or Jan, we were still able to walk on EE at 5 p.m. on a Tuesday.

timberho
05-06-2010, 03:34 PM
it appears to be pretty slow this week judging by the wait times for the rides.