PDA

View Full Version : Best Rooms at Pop Century

Disneyfirsttimer
05-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Without paying for a preferred room, what is the best area to request?

Thanks.

Karyn

i'm grumpy
05-04-2010, 11:43 AM
I think we are going to request a preferred room again. It was noisy since it was near the pool, but very close to the food court, giftshop,bus/stop. The year before we were in the last building.

Fangorn
05-04-2010, 12:00 PM
"Best" is a rather subjective term, and depends on what your true goals are. Typically, when we stay at POP we have a car, want quiet and rarely go to the food court. In that case, "best" is a room close to a parking lot and away from a pool - so a room in the 80's or 90's is great choice.

What exactly are your needs?

Steve

Disneyfirsttimer
05-04-2010, 02:12 PM
We will not have a car. Would like to be close to the food court, etc. without paying for preferred.

Thanks.

Daisy'sMom
05-04-2010, 02:52 PM
I forgot the building that we were in last year, but it was the last room on the top floor, looking out at the pond and the empty buildings beyond. WE LOVED IT! It was not far to walk to the lobby and food court, but peaceful and sweet. I have to admit that I was a bit melancholy when I would stand on the balony and look at the empty buildings for some reason. But we loved the room and the view.:mickey:

mjm12000
05-06-2010, 03:59 PM
we stayed on the top floor of the 80's building, If memory serves me correctly it was the first of the 80s buildings you arrive at when heading left out of the main pop building. It was quiet as it looked over the parking lot, a close walk to the buses and food courts as you could walk across the parking lot and stil close to the computer pool but not so close as to be noisy... it was pretty much perfect, unless you don;t like stairs in which case ground floor would be better.

eeyorepoohfan
05-06-2010, 05:10 PM
We stayed in the 50s section behind the jukebox with a partial view of the lake. We were on the 2nd floor. We loved it! We walked by the bowling pin pool to and from our room. It was nice and peaceful! Just a couple minute walk to the buses and food court. :thumbsup::mickey:

Tink#64
05-07-2010, 12:19 AM
We prefer building # 4, 60's section which is preferred, but our last trip we were in bldg #10, in the 70's section - not preferred. We made a lst minute decision to visit WDW & we booked our room for Spring Break a week prior to arrival! There were no preferred rooms available & I didn't know what to expect. It was a great location! I think I actually prefer it over our usual but DH really likes our our usual better, and it is quite nice, so we've requested same for our trip next month.

That said, bldg 10 was great! It was definitely closer to the bus stops, by taking the sidewalk out to the front of Classic Hall, you were at the end of the bldg at the bus stops & it was a shorter trip than from our preferred! I think maybe just a bit further to the Hippy Dippy pool & same to the Food Court. So I guess it all balances out, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again! :thumbsup:

homeschool mom
05-07-2010, 08:32 AM
We stayed in the 50s on our last two family trips and it was very convenient. We stayed in the 70s and 90s and thought they were a bit too far out away from everything, but it still wasn't more than a 5 min. walk from the food court and all.

DisneyFr33k
05-08-2010, 06:49 AM
Our first visit there, we stayed in the 50's building to the left of the bowling pin pool on the third floor facing the pool. It was a bit noisy with swimmers, but not enough to interfere with sleep. The biggest draw back was that in order to walk to the food court, you have to walk through to smoking areas. One is right outside the entrance to the store/food court (to the left). We are very sensitive to smoke.

Our second trip, we stayed in the 60's building overlooking the hourglass lake on the second floor. It was wonderful! The walk wasn't bad to the buses and food court. The view was beautiful and it was very quiet.

forever a child
05-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Homeschool Mom,

We will be visiting the World the same time as you and your family!:thumbsup:

Sorry a bit off topic:blush: I have never stayed at POP before but I'll answer your question when I get back:D

LandFan
05-08-2010, 10:53 AM
We prefer the 70's big wheel building. It is close to the food court and the bus stops (you can cross the 90's parking lot and it is right there). It is also quieter because there is no pool right out your door. It is still very close to the computer and hippy dippy pool though.