PDA

View Full Version : End of Sept. crowds?

beckylovestink
05-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Anyone been in the world last week of september? Just booked and it seems a good not too crowded time.
Any thoughts?:cloud9:

DisneyCouture
05-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Hi! End of September is a great time to go. The crowd levels are lower and the temps are a bit cooler at night than in the summer months. The only thing I would worry about is Epcot on the weekends bc of the Food & Wine Festival. A lot of the locals come out for that event. Hope this helps.

crltkcagle
05-04-2010, 10:16 AM
We were there in sept. 07 and it was the perfect time to go crowd wise. It was rather hot but I prefer to go when its not crowded. There were hardly any wait times for the rides!

LauraByTheSea
05-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Only time of year I go! Can just about walk right on to all the rides... :thumbsup:

gollybass
05-04-2010, 08:01 PM
when is the food and wine festival exactly?

Fastpasssteve
05-04-2010, 11:39 PM
September is, historically, the least crowded month in the parks. Everyone with kids is back in school starting the new year. You made a very good choice. I am going down in late October, which is the second least populated month. Enjoy.

beckylovestink
05-05-2010, 09:35 AM
I didnt realize this when I booked, but the food and wine festival starts on the 2nd which is the day after I leave. So we should be in good shape.
Thanks for all of your replies:)
I feel bad about taking the kids out of school....but I think it is the last time I will have the chance to do it...for a good cause of course:party:

Frog
05-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Do not feel bad about taking your kids out of school for a few days... (assuming you dont do this all the time)
I teach and can tell you that the learing and family time spent together can (and will) far out way anything covered in school for that week.(unless your kid is in first year algebra lol) Make the trip educational with some history on Walt, and use some time to talk about the imagineering that has gone in to the parks... but don't for a second look back and worry about time you are getting to spend together with your family.

PopPhan
05-05-2010, 10:21 AM
when is the food and wine festival exactly?

F&WF starts on October 1st this year.

To the OP:
Of our 8 trips, 5 have been mid-to-late September -- Lines are minimal except on the most popular attractions (TSMM, Soarin', for example) Because of the "Free DDP" promotions of the past 5+ years, the table service restaurants are much busier and it is imperative to have ADRs if you want to eat at ANY of the more popular restaurants.

Tinker Fan
05-05-2010, 07:14 PM
We are going Sept. 24 to Oct. 2nd. The Food and Wine festival starts Oct. 1st so we will spend our last day there. We have always been to the F&W festival and it has never been overcrowded, maybe because it is a big area. It is a must for us, love using our snack credits trying all the different food in the World Showcase.:beer: