PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grove

DisneyMomx2
05-04-2010, 09:17 AM
Does anyone know if this is not on the Dining Plan? We were able to make ADR's over the computer but looking at the list of Dining Plan restaurants, I do not see it on there. Maybe because it is in the Swan? TIA!!

Julie_Mouse
05-04-2010, 09:52 AM
I ate at Garden Grove in August '07. You are correct, it is not on the dining plan; probably because it is at the Swan (although that's just my guess :)).

It's a really delicious buffet, though! Great character interaction as well :mickey:

Ropachs
05-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Do either of you know which characters are there? And are the characters there for B, L, and D?

DisneyMomx2
05-05-2010, 09:30 AM
It has been about 8 years since I was last there but at the time we had Pluto, Goofy and I THINK maybe Chip and Dale?? We were there for dinner.

Julie_Mouse
05-05-2010, 10:09 AM
You are correct. Just went back to check my pictures :mickey: I have shots with Goofy and Pluto, and although I didn't see any with Chip and Dale, if memory serves me correctly, they were there as well.

pox24
05-06-2010, 07:50 AM
I was really hesitant in posting this, however I decided to after all. My DW and I ate there last year and literally walked out. If you are expecting a Disney style buffet, you're not gonna get it. The food was terrible. Cold, greasy, lacking flavor, not fresh. maybe its changed since then but we were disgusted by the food. Pluto was the only character there and he left after a very short time. I apologize to all those who like this place but would never, ever go back.

bburky502
05-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Bumping this up so I don't have to start a new thread.

Any recent reviews for here? We weren't planning on a table service meal for one of our nights (A Saturday!) but recently made arrangements to meet family that night somewhere outside of the park. We tried all the restaurants at Downtown Disney, but all we liked are booked solid. We were able to get ressies for Garden Grove but have never been there.
Also, I have seen conflicting menus for Saturday night. One says it is Mediterranean Night and another says Southern BBQ...anyone know which one it is for Saturday night?

Thanks in advance for your replies!