PDA

View Full Version : Positive Stuff!

DAKustodial
05-04-2010, 12:36 AM
Hey Everyone,

So after two years of trying, a whole lot of doctor's appointments, a ton of medication and one round of IVF, my wife and I just found out that she was pregnant a couple of weeks ago!

It's the first child for both of us and we're not telling many people yet so I needed to get the news out to people somehow!

Please everyone keep your fingers crossed for us that everything keeps going the way it is supposed to! We're both being very cautiously optimistic that we'll be welcoming our miracle baby in nine months!

Disney4us2
05-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Congrats:party::party: How wonderful and exciting.:thumbsup:

I too fought the beast and had my DD via IVF. I call her my perk of the job since I worked for my RE:blush:

DizNee143
05-04-2010, 08:01 AM
CONGRATS!!
i hope everything continues to go great for the pregnancy!!! :mickey:

disneymom15
05-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Hope you have a happy, healthy:babyroll:

Jennifer_and_Chris
05-04-2010, 10:59 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!

We have a similar story. I have PCOS (diagnosed at 20 yrs old) and knew that it would be hard for me to get prego. When DH and I got married, we tried right away. 4 years to the day of our wedding we found out we were prego via IUI. It was a rough 2 years prior to getting prego with all the oral meds, injectables, surgery after surgery, etc.

When my oldest was about 18 months we started trying for our 2nd since it may take another 4 years! Well, 2 months after our first RE visit for the 2nd child, we were prego with just 1 round of oral meds!

Good luck and here's some sticky dust for the pregnancy - :pixie:

faline
05-04-2010, 11:39 AM
How exciting! I hope all goes well for you!

cer
05-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Great news! Glad you can celebrate privately on Intercot! :thumbsup:

DisneyDog
05-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Congratuations!!!

IloveDisney71
05-05-2010, 09:31 PM
:D Cograts!!!

DVC2004
05-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Congrats!

RenDuran
05-07-2010, 05:28 AM
That's great news! :)

DAKustodial
05-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks, everybody!!

So, yesterday a crazy story got even a little crazier! We went to the doctor for an ultrasound and we saw not one, but two embryos that were the culprits behind the positive pregnancy tests!

If everything goes according to plan, we're going to have twins sometime in December...we are freaking out! (In a good way!)

faline
05-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Sounds like you got a double blessing!

Disney4us2
05-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks, everybody!!

So, yesterday a crazy story got even a little crazier! We went to the doctor for an ultrasound and we saw not one, but two embryos that were the culprits behind the positive pregnancy tests!

If everything goes according to plan, we're going to have twins sometime in December...we are freaking out! (In a good way!)

Congrats, Congrats :baby::baby:

December is a great month. My DD was my early holiday gift on 12/4 (was due on the 18th).

BRJARE3
05-13-2010, 01:04 PM
This is wonderful news! My oldest daughter is a Dec baby. What a wonderful time of year to expand your family. Congratulations!:cloud9:

princessgirls
05-13-2010, 01:09 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

What a Blessing for your family. May your wifes pregnancy go smooth and you enjoy this VERY special moment in your life!!

Julie:mickey:

Michelle15
05-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Congrats on your double bessing! I hope everything is going smoothly. My DD was born on Dec. 6th 2009. :D

cer
05-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Thank you for the update! So thrilled for you!

RedSoxFan
05-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Congrats!!!:)

pianobabe
05-14-2010, 10:48 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Please keep us posted on how everything is progressing. :congrats::woohoo::party2::babyroll::baby:

diz_girl
05-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Congratulations! It's great to hear success stories from someone else who has had fertility challenges. Having just undergone an IUI myself last week (I won't know if it was successful for another week at least), I understand the challenges that come with an infertile diagnosis. Good luck!

DAKustodial
05-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Hi Everybody,

Thanks for sticking with me and this thread, and thank you all for the positive comments and support!

Unfortunately, yesterday we went for an ultrasound and only saw one heartbeat. We were staying very upbeat but today we ran into a couple of complications at home and found out that we will only be having one baby now. The great news is that the one heartbeat that we did see is very strong and the doctors are expecting everything to go well.

It's a tough thing to take but after trying for quite a while we both realize that we are still incredibly lucky to be in the position we are in. Good luck to everyone who is going through this type of thing and I'll keep you updated on our situation as soon as I can.

DAKustodial
05-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Congratulations! It's great to hear success stories from someone else who has had fertility challenges. Having just undergone an IUI myself last week (I won't know if it was successful for another week at least), I understand the challenges that come with an infertile diagnosis. Good luck!

Hi Amanda. I understand what you're going through...we went through five IUIs before we moved to IVF and I know how hard it can be. Good Luck to you and I hope everything works out very soon!

Disney4us2
05-15-2010, 01:43 AM
Hi Everybody,

Thanks for sticking with me and this thread, and thank you all for the positive comments and support!

Unfortunately, yesterday we went for an ultrasound and only saw one heartbeat. We were staying very upbeat but today we ran into a couple of complications at home and found out that we will only be having one baby now. The great news is that the one heartbeat that we did see is very strong and the doctors are expecting everything to go well.

It's a tough thing to take but after trying for quite a while we both realize that we are still incredibly lucky to be in the position we are in. Good luck to everyone who is going through this type of thing and I'll keep you updated on our situation as soon as I can.

:pixie: for you and DW. :pixie:for a normal pregnancy for DB (dear baby):mickey:

Like you and DW, I did about a year+ of IUI's before moving on to IVF. It is quite a rollercoaster ride. Please do keep updating. Good luck to you and DW.

DAKustodial
05-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Hey Everyone,

Thank you all again very much for responding and your well wishes!

Today we went for another ultrasound and it was the first time that we could actually see the form of a tiny little baby on the screen. It was absolutely amazing...one of the most incredible things I've ever seen! We could see the heartbeat (which was very strong) and the head, body, and the beginning of little hands and feet.

I just thought I'd come on and share with everyone. Hopefully everything will keep progressing the way that it should...thanks for reading!

Disney4us2
05-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Congrats!!! It is truly amazing. Wait until the next US, you won't believe the growth.

I remember seeing my DD... she looked like a little gummy bear at that point.

diz_girl
05-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Hey Everyone,

Thank you all again very much for responding and your well wishes!

Today we went for another ultrasound and it was the first time that we could actually see the form of a tiny little baby on the screen. It was absolutely amazing...one of the most incredible things I've ever seen! We could see the heartbeat (which was very strong) and the head, body, and the beginning of little hands and feet.

I just thought I'd come on and share with everyone. Hopefully everything will keep progressing the way that it should...thanks for reading!

It's great new to hear. Once you see that heartbeat, then the odds of a successful pregnancy are extremely high (like high nineties %), so you guys should be just fine.

RalsFam
05-29-2010, 12:50 AM
Congrats!!!

DAKustodial
07-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Hi Again Everybody!

Just thought I'd check in and share some more cool things we've been lucky to experience!

Since my wife went through IVF, we've had the opportunity to have several ultrasounds in the first half of her pregnancy. Our last one was last week and it was absolutely incredible! We saw the baby kicking and moving all over the place...we saw arms and legs, fingers and toes! We also had the first round of genetic tests done and everything came back okay, so we are just praying that the next round is just as positive.

I am constantly staring at my wife's stomach...I am totally amazed by this whole process and I can not believe after all this time there is actually a little baby growing in there! We'll find out the sex in about a month and I'm so excited to start picking out stuff for the nursery and decorating it along with my wife.

Anyway, just wanted to share our excitement. I hope everyone is doing great and as always, thank you so much for reading!

Disney4us2
07-13-2010, 02:26 AM
I am so glad everything is going well for you and DW. It just gets more and more amazing.:mickey: Thanks for sharing your joy.

pianobabe
07-14-2010, 06:35 PM
I am so glad everything is going well. Pregnancy is an amazing thing.

faline
07-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Phil - What an exciting time for both of you! Happy planning and decorating!

DAKustodial
07-30-2010, 11:42 PM
Thank you guys very much and thanks again for reading! I am just going to keep updating this in case anyone wants to read it and it is kind of fun for me to keep a running tally of what's happening.

So, we had an anatomy ultrasound two days ago to check everything out with the baby and we found out we're having a daughter!

We are both incredibly excited and still amazed by this entire thing. I am not a very emotional person, at least I don't think I am, but I have been completely caught up in everything and can't stop getting choked up over the smallest things lately. I was watching "Knocked Up" last night on cable and at the end the song "Daughter" by Loudon Wainwright III came on with the whole montage of their daughter...it actually had me tearing up! I've seen that movie so many times and that part was always a cute little ending to the movie...now it's absolutely my favorite part! I've watched about 20 renditions of the song on YouTube tonight!

Anyway...thank you to anyone who reads all of this and as always I hope you're having a fantastic day/night! Thanks again!

DAKustodial
11-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Almost four months after my last post but just wanted to add to the thread. Everything is still going great...our daughter is doing very, very well and is measuring exactly where she should be at 34 weeks. Her room has been finished for about a month and we're just getting everything else together for when she decides to make her grand entrance!

Anyway, I'm actually headed down to FL without my wife for a couple of days because a couple of our best friends have asked me to be the godfather of their new baby. I will spend some time in the parks but will feel terrible that my wife isn't with me the entire time...I swear!

I'll try to update in the next few weeks since I haven't done a great job lately...hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving and thanks for reading!

Mousefever
11-25-2010, 03:54 AM
Congratulations on your impending parenthood! It sounds like you are all ready for your little girl. Enjoy your time in DW despite the guilt!

Amy

diz_girl
12-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Phil - great to hear that everything is going so well. Just an update for me - expecting a baby boy. Due date is the end of January, but the docs need to schedule a c-section a few weeks early, so tentative birthday is Dec 26. So we'll probably join you with a December birthday. Can't wait to hear more of your good news. Keep us posted.

pianobabe
12-07-2010, 02:23 AM
Thanks for the update. I'm glad everything is going well. Let us know when the "big event" occurs.:thumbsup:

DAKustodial
03-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Hey Everyone!

Well, I haven't posted on here in months because our little girl has been keeping us pretty busy! Alexa Joy was born on December 9, 2010, about a month early! She is now 15 weeks old and an amazing little baby! She barely ever cries and started smiling a couple weeks ago...this week she has started making all kinds of noises and laughing out loud a little bit, it really is amazing!

Thanks for all of your well wishes on this thread, they're all greatly appreciated!

Amanda, congratulations on your new addition that I saw in your signature! Hope all is well with you and the baby!

Disney4us2
03-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Congratulations to you and your wife. Welcome Alexa Joy:mickey:

pianobabe
03-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Congratulations to all of you!!!!

Dsnygirl
03-29-2011, 11:23 PM
:princess: :baby: Welcome to a new Disney princess, Alexa Joy.... congratulations to your new little family!! :babyroll: :cloud9: