PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Balcony or 1st floor request??

stitch34
05-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Leaving in 4 days and wanting to call the resort to make sure they have all my requests and I know the odds are slim with requesting the full size balcony which is what we have it as now...Wondering if it might be better to switch it to a 1st floor room where I would be guranteed a patio no matter what and maybe less requests are put in for that??? Or if anyone is aware which bedding options have the bigger balconies, we are going there with 6 people (5 plus child under 2) so I know we are getting either 2 double or queen (hoping for queen) and the daybed was wondering if maybe those are the larger sized rooms since it is more furniture and that those rooms have the full size balcony then wondering if I would be better with my current request (wishful thinking I know)???

DizneyRox
05-04-2010, 06:57 AM
I've always walked by the 1st floor rooms and thought I wonder what they did wrong to deserve those rooms. The idea of a patio that someone else can just walk up to just doesn't appeal to me.

One time at BC we go a handicap accessible room and the balcony was gianormous! We could have put a couple of queen size beds out there if I recall correctly. Fantastic!

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
05-04-2010, 12:33 PM
The last time we stayed at the Beach Club we had a first floor room with a small patio outside. When we first checked in, we thought, how great, this is awesome.

We never used it. We always would rather sit by the pool or outside in the evening taking in all of the Disney sites and sounds.

TammiMcMan
05-04-2010, 12:41 PM
I love the ground floor rooms over by the quiet pool. Most of the patios have landscaping around them, although they aren't any more private than the balconies on the upper floors.

In terms of bedding, there are only a few rooms that have the double beds, so I wouldn't be concerned about that. There's no set area for getting 2 queens and a daybed, so again, not anything to worry about with your request.

At this point, the resort has your reservation already downloaded into their system. If your room is being pre-assigned, then chances are they won't see any changes that you make. I would just wait until you get there and see what your options are. Most times at the deluxes, they fill from available inventory when you arrive at the resort. If you want to see what else is available, they may have a room that will be opening up later in the day. If you don't mind waiting, they can easily re-assign you and let you know when the room has been cleaned.

mom2Z&A
05-04-2010, 03:58 PM
We just got back from 8 nights at the Beach Club. We had requested a full size balcony on our reservation. When we checked in though we were asked if we preferred a 1st floor or 2nd floor room. We took the second floor with the full size balcony.

Here's our thinking -

On the first floor you'll likely have folks walking past your patio door.

Early in the morning sometimes those small children can be noisy. Same applies at night too. Also, depending upon your room location, you could be in a "high traffic area" with folks walking by (I use this term loosely though - it was not that bad really but anyone walking outside my window/patio makes it high traffic for me ;) )

IMHO though it comes down to how much you enjoy just a bit more privacy - the full size balcony provides that.

One observation though - while we were there, we did not see anyone on the first floor sitting on their patios. We did notice more 2nd and 3rd floor folks enjoying their balconies.

Just a couple of side notes:

1) They have temporarily moved the location of the bus stops at the Beach Club to the far side of the resort due to underground repairs at the main bus stop outside the lobby. You'll have to go through the BC Villas to get to the bus stops. Just follow the signs. Not sure when they were going to have that fixed.

2) They were closing Stormalong Bay on the 2nd or 3rd for refurb/maintenance. It may be closed. :(

Hope you have a wonderful trip regardless of your room location :D

TammiMcMan
05-04-2010, 04:53 PM
2) They were closing Stormalong Bay on the 2nd or 3rd for refurb/maintenance. It may be closed. :(It's been reported that only the big slide will be closing, not the entire pool.

tinkgirl07
05-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Just to add on a question along the same topic...does anyone know what kind of rooms/balconies the club level at Beach Club have? I think we requested two beds with a day bed, but I don't remember the size of the two beds! Thanks!

TammiMcMan
05-07-2010, 03:39 PM
There are only 4 rooms on the 5th floor that have double beds. Chances are much higher that you'd have 2 queen beds with or without the daybed.

Many of the club level rooms are wider than a standard room, but one wing has dormer style rooms that are a bit smaller, with smaller balconies.

queenmom9497
05-07-2010, 06:06 PM
We had a first floor at YC and loved it. Quiet pool was right outside our room. Small patio was used while kids were in the pool. Small patio was used for quiet time in the morning by DH. We appreciated the first floor room.

Pirate Granny
05-08-2010, 12:06 AM
We had a 3rd floor full size balcony at YC...facing the tennis courts...the balcony is the main reason for me to stay at a deluxe...although the queen beds were heavenly...best I've ever slept in anywhere. Breakfast in the morning...and an hour relaxing every evening...nothing is better than that. At Saratoga we had a first floor patio, right on the end...next to the bus stop...although it was very close to the main bldg (I think that unit is the closest) and main pool..I was always uncomfortable sitting out there as people walked by just five feet in front of me...also, couldn't leave anything outside to dry...