PDA

View Full Version : Ever been denied seating?

Julie_Mouse
05-03-2010, 03:18 PM
I've sometimes read (on these boards and others) about people who were extremely late for ADRs (think >1 hour), and were still seated. This is good; this is what I would expect, given Disney's commitment to customer service, etc. But I was wondering whether anyone has ever been super late for an ADR and been denied seating at the restaurant?

Obviously, we would never purposely be late for an ADR, but sometimes things happen that are beyond our control :shrug:

Just wondering :mickey:

disneycutie165
05-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Last time we went to Tony's and we were an hour and 1/2 late to our reservation. They were full, so they told us walk-ins couldn't be seated. My mom told them about the reservation we had earlier & then they made sure we got a seat (since we had gone through the trouble of getting a reservation). But I'm not sure, I guess it depends on the crowd and time. It could be different every time

i'm grumpy
05-03-2010, 04:42 PM
We were pretty late for Brk at O'Hana last year but we got a table farily quicky. Only thing was we didn't get our pic taken.

pink
05-03-2010, 06:39 PM
We were once one minute late for an ADR at The Plaza restaurant in MK and they turned us away. When we asked why they said because we were passed our ADR time but they let us in anyways. :mickey:

crltkcagle
05-03-2010, 07:30 PM
We were once late because of a bus situation but they still seated us anyway.

buzznwoodysmom
05-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I think it's incredibly rude to be one hour or more late for anything. I would never expect Disney, or any other establishment, to seat me when they are full simply because I had an ADR that I'm over an hour late for. If we are ever going to be that late, regardless of the reason, I either call to get a later ADR or just cancel it.

sassy2000
05-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I think it's incredibly rude to be one hour or more late for anything. I would never expect Disney, or any other establishment, to seat me when they are full simply because I had an ADR that I'm over an hour late for. If we are ever going to be that late, regardless of the reason, I either call to get a later ADR or just cancel it.

I agree! I would never expect to be seated that long after my ADR time.

Julie_Mouse
05-04-2010, 09:47 AM
I would never expect to be seated that long after my ADR time.

I would never expect Disney, or any other establishment, to seat me when they are full simply because I had an ADR that I'm over an hour late for.

I should rephrase. I retract what I said earlier:

This is good; this is what I would expect, given Disney's commitment to customer service, etc.

I should have said it doesn't surprise me that Disney continues to seat people who are late, given their committment to customer service. I wouldn't expect them to seat me, but if I was already on my way to the restaurant, I would probably inquire if there was any chance of still getting a table. As I said, we would never intentionally be late for an ADR; I was just wondering what would happen if unforeseen circumstances prevented someone from getting to their ADR on time.