PDA

View Full Version : Secret parade viewing spot in MK ??

Diznut
05-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Hi again,
Just wondering if anyone can suggest a good spot to catch the parade in MK that doesn't require arriving 30 minutes early to save your spot?
Thanks! We leave in 6 days!! I can't believe it!

Gator
05-03-2010, 03:10 PM
My experience is that what you ask for doesn't exist. You need to be there 30 minutes before to have a rope front seating area, and even more for Main Street viewing.

faline
05-03-2010, 03:19 PM
For some parades, you need to be there 1-2 hours before the parade in order to obtain a prime viewing spot. Otherwise, resign yourself to viewing from several people back!

crltkcagle
05-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Actually we walked through the castle to leave the park and ending up catching spectormagic. We sat on the guard rails of the castle and it was a great view. No one was there and we weren't packed in like sardines.

CardsFan81
05-03-2010, 08:52 PM
I've usually had the best luck in Liberty Square, just across from Liberty Tree Tavern. I usually get there about 20 - 30 minutes prior to the parade, but have always been able to sit on ground.

With that being said, I should also mention that I usually go during non-peak season.

Good luck!!!

Babe the Blue Ox
05-03-2010, 11:15 PM
We head for Country Bear Hall. The crowds are much smaller than on Main Street. Usually 10 minutes or so early will get you front run.

If you're running later than that,try to find a spot on the rope that is still open as a crosswalk. The walkway will be closed as the parade approaches. Jump into the space as soon as they close the walkway and you can have front row with less than a minute wait.

This is for early to mid June, by the way. Not sure how it would work when the park is really busy.

DiannaJ
05-03-2010, 11:28 PM
That is where I usually watch it also the crowds there at the Tavern or Country Bear are usually not as crowded. You will need to get there 30 minutes early and it also depends of the crowd levals too. You just will have to check at of the varibles.

wdwfansince75
05-04-2010, 10:29 AM
There used to always be two parades each night during the busy periods....crowd was always lighter for the late parade....Maybe it was an accident of timing, but I have watched the parade sitting on the bench with Goofy in front of Tony's....I was on the way out of the park when I spotted the otherwise empty bench...chose to stay and watch...great view!
I have also watched it from the outside tables at Pecos Bills ...Limited view, but better than standing.
Once upon a time, there were several tables with chairs along the wall by Sleepy Hollow...could get Toll House Cookies and great parade viewing, and an escape route for the kids, back into Fantasyland...that area has been packed before the parade on our last several trips...
On another trip, I was leaving just before the parade, and had stopped to pick up several packages at Guest Relations....as I exited GR, noticed a small group of special kids and families on the square...As the parade started, practically each parade CM interacted with the kids. I spent more time, and got more inspiration from watching the interaction and the reactions of the kids than from watching the parade itself.

AXOAlum
05-05-2010, 08:20 PM
I agree (as usual) with faline - you need to be there at least 30 min early, if not more. No one likes to sit and wait, but if you want a good unobstructed view, then get there early. If you do decide to try to catch it last minute, make sure you aren't "finding" a prime spot in front of someone. I had a great spot for Spectro in front of the Liberty Bell Riverboat (where we had been waiting) and all of a sudden a large family came up and crowded right in front of us. We tried to get them to understand that they were in front of us and we had been waiting but they never moved. :confused: It is SO worth it to be up front - the characters love to interact with the guests!

Gator
05-06-2010, 12:43 AM
I had a great spot for Spectro in front of the Liberty Bell Riverboat (where we had been waiting) and all of a sudden a large family came up and crowded right in front of us. We tried to get them to understand that they were in front of us and we had been waiting but they never moved. :confused: It is SO worth it to be up front - the characters love to interact with the guests!

That happened last time at the MK. Had a great spot on Main Street when a couple of teenagers came and sat right in front of my kids. When they didn't listen the first time, I had to get very rude. Those people really bother me.

hurdlertwin
05-08-2010, 11:04 PM
I know the areas by liberty square and frontierland are much less crowded than main street. I will also let you know that if you pay attention there are many "secret" viewing areas that give you great vantage points, even minutes before the parade starts

Mrs Bus Driver
05-09-2010, 09:38 AM
I don't have any real good spots for you but one time we were leaving when spectro started we made it as far as the bridge to the hub from frontierland and were forced (which I didn't mind) to stop in a little quick service area just off the bridge. It was off season, the place was closed. We were able to sit on the fence (rock wall) and watch the floats go by. We had a great view, several times floats had to slow down or stop as they waited to get across. There were even a couple of cast members there who were also waiting for the parade to go by and enjoying the floats with the rest of us. This most likely wouldn't work during peak season but who knows.
My other suggestion would be to just plan a break. Find a spot, have a snack and a drink. Maybe lunch/dinner and relax. That way you get to see the parade and rest up at the same time. :mickey:

waymickey
05-09-2010, 09:53 AM
after years of getting pushed after thinking we had a great spot to see the fireworks,we now get in line for a boat back to WL about 15 minutes before it starts and watch the fireworks from the lake. Most boat captains will slow down some even stop to see the fireworks. No pushing NO crowds and it is beautiful!