PDA

View Full Version : Face Painting

CU Tiger
05-03-2010, 01:28 PM
While you are in the parks, is it worth the time and money for the face painting for the kids? My DDs want to get their face painted next time we go to DW, but I have not been sold thus far. Does it last more than one day? What do you think?:mickey:

crltkcagle
05-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Never was for us because our kids sweat it off or run in the water at donalds boat and smear it. LOL

Pixie Power
05-03-2010, 01:31 PM
We've never done it, but I'd imagine that the little kids faces would start to get itchy w/ the paint on it after a while and that it probably would not last all that long b/c of that. They'd want to have it washed off sooner rather than later. Esp. if it is summertime and they get hot and sweaty. Also, I'd think if it did last all day @ the park & they managed to sleep w/ it that some would rub off on their pillow overnight making it look 'not as nice' the next day.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my $ on that. I'd let them find some other type of souvenir to purchase instead. Just my 2 cents. :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-03-2010, 02:02 PM
My DD got her face painted on our first trip to Disney, and she loved it. They did an absolutely wonderful job and she looked amazing.

We did it early in the day, so she had all day to enjoy it, and if I remember correctly, it didn't smear too badly overnight and she got part of the next day out of it as well.

It is quite $$, and not something we do every trip, but it isn't your local fair's face painting either.

Bad Wolf
05-03-2010, 11:37 PM
I did it in 2003 at The Studios. Now, I was 23 at the time, so there weren't any of those kid related issues (touching it, rubbing my face, running thru water fountains, etc). I couldn't wear my sunglasses the rest of the day, though, which was a bummer as it was REALLY sunny.

I only did the half design, which covered around one eye and along the side of my face. I believe it cost about $6 or $7, since I didn't do the full design. It was BEAUTIFULLY done, and lasted all day. I got a lot of compliments, too, which was surprising. I was sorry to wash it off that night, but I do have pictures to remember :mickey:

luvdiznee
05-04-2010, 07:01 AM
DD12 has done it a couple of times. When she was younger. No problems with it sweating off, rubbing off or being itchy.

I did make sure I got a few nice pictures as soon as she got it done. And it didn't take long at all. :mickey:

allirae
05-04-2010, 10:26 AM
They are really beautifully done, but quite expensive for something you can't take home. However, we always take advantage of the free face painting at the Halloween party! The line is quite long, but it usually moves pretty quickly.

andywicks
05-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Hey, I got the "Ogre" done in EPCOT on Christmas day 2008! Included the luminous green eyes painted on the top of my eyelids which meant that I had to walk around the World Showcase with my eyes closed! I got a lot of laughs!

This is a fab fun face painting and I recommend it to mad and goofy dads! I was 43 at the time!

forever a child
05-04-2010, 10:49 AM
My DD always got it done at AK. They are so beautiful and last the whole day. I don't recall her having issues with itching. I think it was worth it. She got a leopard face one year and then we found ears in one of the shops! So cute:thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
05-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Get a caricature done instead :thumbsup:

Pally
05-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Last year in August/September when we were leaving MK we saw a young girl about 10 dressed as a princess with her face painted as a skeleton. It was awesome. They had it done at the priate make over. I just can't say enough about the job they did on this girl. Awesome.:mickey: