PDA

View Full Version : Mid June crowds

eagleswhite44
05-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Our family frequently heads down to Disney in October but this year do to the school calendar change we can’t. We are thinking about a booking a last minute trip in June. What are the crowds like mid June? (June 12-19) I am not as concerned about the temps, it get hot and humid in GA as well.

faline
05-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Increasing throughout the month. I'd expect moderate to high crowds - certainly much higher than you're used to in October.

Mousemates
05-03-2010, 01:33 PM
We are going to be down there about the same time and are expecting it to be pretty busy...not Christmas busy...but busy...say an 8.0 to 8.5 on the 10 point busy scale.

KylesMom
05-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT! :party:

We frequently visit mid-June, and have gotten around the crowds by utilizing FastPass to its fullest, arriving at the parks early and taking advantage of morning EMH where available at MK & AK.

Standard wait times for major attractions will frequently exceed the 90-120 minute mark - hence why we always have an active FP in hand.

It's not so crazy-busy that we'd opt to skip our trip - it just takes a bit more planning. :mickey:

Gator
05-03-2010, 03:12 PM
It was pretty busy when I went June 16-23. But hey, it's Disney World, so how bad a trip could it be.

eagleswhite44
05-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Thank you for the replys, this is kinda what we were thinking. We plan on taking advantage of the early EMH.

Babe the Blue Ox
05-03-2010, 11:19 PM
We've went during the first, second and third week in June. Early in the month is not bad at all, but on the Monday of the 3rd week of the month you will catch yourself saying "where did all these people come from. They weren't here yesterday".

The crowds do increase dramatically throughout the month.

#1donaldfan
05-04-2010, 12:30 PM
....hey we'll be there at almost the same time....expect busy, but manageable....plus, don't forget Harry Potter opens at that other place and hopefully, (fingers crossed) that will distract just enough to empty the world out just a bit.....:party:

Fastpasssteve
05-05-2010, 12:51 AM
One of my summer strategies is to get a fastpass, then go into a ride with a cooler or shaded queue. Then possibly lunch or dinner in a sit-down in the heat of the afternoon. Lots of families will give in after the heated part of the day and leave the parks when the kids start to whine.

princessjojo
05-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Because of a block semester schedule our kids are on at school, we are pretty locked into the summer months. Typically we leave early-mid June and stay for about 8-10 days. We know its going to be hot and know its going to be somewhat crowded. I think this is our advantage. Knowing this ahead of time doesn't allow us to be surprised by either so we always know what we're getting into. With teenagers, they like to sleep late and stay out early so we do the longer stays so we can take our time with the parks, get up around 8-9 and go to the parks until about 12-2 then hit the pools for some down time and to cool off. Find dinner somewhere, then go back to the parks for late EMH. Sometimes we just bite the bullet and stay at the parks for the full day, but we never let the crowds get to us. Knowing is half the battle...

AJ Springfield
05-05-2010, 11:19 AM
In 1998 we went during spring break (very busy). In June of 2004 we were pleasantly surprised that the crowds were lighter. In 2008 our trip was in July. There was a big difference between the June crowds and the July crowds. July had more international tour groups and the weather was much worse. Just go into your trip expecting to see more people, go early, eat at "off times" and enjoy.