PDA

View Full Version : POR or CSR?

dobby2010
05-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Hi all, first time poster here. Super excited for my Sept. trip to Disney. Getting ready to book tomorrow to snag the free dining up. My question is which do you all think is the better of the two resorts? I know that Coronado has queen beds which makes me lean in that direction but does anyone have any other insights I should consider such as dining, bus service etc? Thanks in advance!

finaldynasty
05-02-2010, 11:15 PM
My family and I stayed in the CSR last summer and enjoyed it. The pool is awesome, the food court was nice, and the queen beds were enough for our family of five. At the time, my DKs were 7, 5, and 2. The buses ran regularly and it did not take us long to get to any park.

We are staying in the POR this summer, so I can't give you an assessment of that resort, but from all reviews it is an outstanding and unique place to stay like all WDW resorts. We are very excited to take the boat from POR to DTD this time around, so that we are not always on buses as we move from place to place.

I hope this helps.

buzz2001
05-03-2010, 05:19 AM
CSR! It offers queen beds and newly renovated rooms.

dobby2010
05-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the feedback. We are going to book CSR. Can't wait!

Ricbr
05-03-2010, 02:04 PM
I have been to both and I think there are good and bad things about each.

Personally I would choose POR over CSR...but that is just me. At CSR we were a Loooooooong way from the food court and it was a haul every day. It seemed to me that when I stayed at POR (4 different trips) no matter what room we had it was never as long of a walk that I had with the CSR (It really is a 22 acre lake...and that is a big lake :) ). The other thing that I did not enjoy about CSR is that they have what I would call a convention center. So alot of visitors walking around the place were there on business. I just had a hard time enjoying my trip with so many people there for work. It seems silly but I couldnt not get that part out of my head.

The pool and the rooms at CSR was nice though.

I dont want make you think twice about your trip because either way you will enjoy it. But for me I would choose POR.

KatMark
05-05-2010, 01:11 PM
We've stayed at the CSR eight times and will be back for number nine in September (we almost had to stay at POR the first night because CSR was not avaialable, but I kept calling and I got it). POR would be our second choice if the CSR were not available (we love the food court at POR just a little bit more than we do at the CSR; but we love everything about the CSR -- the rooms, the queen beds, the fitness center/spa, the largest hot tub, etc.).