PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know Swiss German?

J9
05-02-2010, 02:49 PM
When I was in Europe in March, my grad students were interviewed for a segment on Swiss National TV.

I have the video and I wanted to link it on the school's website, but I wanted to add captions so that people could understand what was being said (they dubbed over the English the students were speaking, unfortunately.)

The video is about 7 minutes and I could really use some help. I have no idea what to do, so I figure it couldn't hurt to try here first!

DisneyDog
05-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Janine, oddly enough, the only person I know who I think speaks Swiss German is Eric Bazilian from the band the Hooters. They are currently touring Germany, but Eric is pretty active on facebook. If you don't find anyone, maybe you could friend him and ask? He's a super nice guy. Who knows, he might be willing to help out a Philly girl :)

PirateLover
05-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Well, I have a German friend. I don't know if he would understand it but he does speak a few languages. I could ask, though!

PirateLover
05-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Janine!!!!! He said he can do it!!! However; he is leaving Germany this weekend to come to our wedding next week. If you get it to me ASAP he'll do it before he leaves, otherwise it will have to wait a week or so until after the wedding. I'll PM you my email address!

DisneyDog
05-04-2010, 01:36 PM
OMG, Maryanne, your wedding is next week?! I hope everything goes perfectly and you have beautiful weather and much happiness!

PirateLover
05-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Yes, next Friday, May 14th!!! I'm so excited/anxious. We have to wait a month for the honeymoon but it's gonna be an awesome time. :thumbsup:

J9
05-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Maryann, I just emailed you. You're awesome and your friend is a saint! I appreciate any help you can give.

Happy Wedding! If I'm driving around Philly and see any wedding parties on the 14th, I'll honk because maybe it'll be you! :party:

PirateLover
05-07-2010, 04:41 PM
You're welcome!!! It's funny... when I first read the post I was thinking "Oh man, good luck with that!" But then I thought... "HEY! Nikolai is German... I wonder how different 'Swiss' German is from regular..." So I shot him an email. He was very enthusiastic about helping! And thanks for the well wishes:cloud9: