PDA

View Full Version : Going in 10 days, humid?

ashburysgr
05-01-2010, 08:50 PM
We will be going down in 10 days any they way the weather looks it will be high 80's, but is it humid this time are year, or is that a stupid question?

Here in New England it is Hot, but not humid yet, so wondering if it is the same there? I am hoping for a dry heat, more bearable. Could stay in the park all day with a dry heat.

#1disneyfan
05-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I think there is no dry heat as far as Orlando is concerned. I have been in May before and it is usually pretty warm, but tolerable. We have been going in July for the past couple years, and that is torture!!!

Have a great time. You'll make it all day regardless. Just take mid-afternoon pool breaks!:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-01-2010, 10:07 PM
We've been in May the past couple of years, and it is still humid :(

It isn't the crazy heat and humidy of the summer, but it was quite warm (especially last year) and more of a humid heat than a dry one.

But, it was quite manageable, and we loved our May visits :thumbsup:

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
05-02-2010, 07:28 AM
Florida is a swamp. It is always humid.

stephntampa
05-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Actually we have had a lovely spring with practically no humidity... until yesterday. I think that summer is definitely upon us and good hair days are a thing of the past :)
(we are in the 90's during the day, 70's at night)
But its not July/August/September heat and humidity. Have fun!

DadTriton
05-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Yes, the humidity finally came back in the last week.
Be prepared! :fan:

i'm grumpy
05-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Yikes. May is usually tolerable but last year the first week was scorching.

Seasonscraps
05-03-2010, 12:05 AM
I just came home today - it was very hot and humid this weekend.

Gregandmel
05-03-2010, 09:30 AM
We were there April 24 - May 1. April 24/25 was warm & humid, then Monday - Friday the weather was wonderful - low humidity & very comfortable temps. HOwever, all that changed on Saturday May 1st. It really warmed up and you could just "feel" the heat & humidity. Most of the locals even mentioned that "YEP - the Florida heat/humidity is here now". I think right now it's subject to change periodically so there is certainly the possibility that mid-May will still be up and down with temps, but just prepare for it and try not to be out in the heat & sun for too long in the afternoon if it's miserable. Good time to go back to your resort & swim & rest, then let it cool down a bit in the evening. Even when it was warm & humid during the day, we found the mornings & evenings to be really comfortable. Enjoy!!

Disneypixie513
05-03-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm in wdw right now,and it's humid but no where near as humid as it is in late august.

Imagineer1981
05-03-2010, 11:26 AM
ugh...we will be there May 14-22 and I know it will be humid...dripping shirt here I come :mad:

CU Tiger
05-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Humidity will get you in Florida all year round. It is not as bad when the temperature is moderate in May, but you should still get some misting fans. It sure does help when you are standing in a line and there is no air moving.:mickey: