PDA

View Full Version : SBETigg in People Mag-woo hoo

WDWFanatic
05-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Way to go Sherri! :thumbsup: I was reading this week's people...(I know guilty pleasure) when I saw your book listed under "Having a Moment: Charlotte and Emily Bronte).

We are all so proud of you and we can say we knew you when!

So where are you going to go to celebrate :D.

For those of you interested it is the People with Sandra Bullock and her new baby on the cover. Page 61.

Congrats again!:number1:

Hair_Razor
05-01-2010, 11:33 AM
I saw that too!! No lie I didn't it was you, small world!! CONGRATS great coverage:thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Oh my gosh, thank you! It's quite a treat for me. I finally saw it right before my check up and my doctor wondered why my blood pressure was a little unusually high. I explained that it was the excitement- he happened to have a People on hand (Doctors office staple, LOL). I bought four copies. I might buy more before the week's up. :cloud9:

Oh, and yes, I'm trying to get my family to WDW to celebrate! We had to cancel our April trip (husband's work schedule) so I am shooting for a family vacation later this year. Fingers crossed. We'll see.

pink
05-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Oh my congratulations!

I'm so happy for you. That is big news. You should frame the article or something.

:mickey:

RedSoxFan
05-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Congrats Sherri. I haven't bought People in a few months as most of the stories are on line. I will have to go buy this one. Very cool.

kakn7294
05-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Congrats Sherri! I might just have to go buy that issue. I finished the book last night - enjoyed it very much!

murphy1
05-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Sherri, I'm so mad my Target still had the dang People from last week!! I was talking to my friend who is a cashier there and she's excited to read it. Love ya!

luvdiznee
05-04-2010, 06:47 AM
Congrats, Sherri. While I'm not a People Mag reader, I will check this out.

So now when they ask "what are you celebrating"...You've got a great answer. :cool:

Jennifer_and_Chris
05-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Congratulations! Don't forget us little people! :thumbsup:

What's the book called again? I wanna look it up! You know you're successful when you are googled and more than your intercot posts come up!!!

SBETigg
05-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Jane Slayre is the title. It's really just a tiny mention, though. I don't want to disappoint everyone. It's a bit at the bottom of page 61. It's still People magazine, and I'm so proud of it. But really, if you don't normally buy People, you might not want to rush out and get it. The book, yes, rush out and buy that. :blush:

Jennifer, I have a lot that comes up on Google. It's pretty amazing. But this one has gotten a lot of great buzz, fortunately. My family keeps me humble. My son reminds me I'm not not famous yet and they still expect me to do laundry and cook for them. Unbelievable! ;)

NewDVCowner
05-04-2010, 05:59 PM
My family keeps me humble. My son reminds me I'm not not famous yet and they still expect me to do laundry and cook for them. Unbelievable! ;)

The nerve of some people, huh??:secret:

Hair_Razor
05-04-2010, 10:53 PM
btw, great People to be in! I think everyone I know is picking up this copy because of Sandra's awesome baby news. So bonus :thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Good point, Cassi! It was a great stroke of luck for me. :)

princessgirls
05-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Congratulations Sheri!!

I saw it!!

May you have much success with your new book.

On a side note, I've gotten People Magazine since 1992. It is my guilty pleasure. I've had it longer than my husband;)...he keeps threatening every year not to renew it, but he does. He knows I enjoy it.

Julie:mickey:

SBETigg
05-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Julie, sounds like he might be a little jealous of your long term relationship with People. :)

Disney4us2
05-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Congrats Sheri:party:

I just saw it today. Turned right to page 61 and there it was. I didn't even read the magazine:secret:

lettripp
05-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Congratulations! I hope to write young adult lit someday and I have heard what a challenge it is to "make it." I am so excited for you! Relish the feeling and celebrate!!!

tinkgirl07
05-07-2010, 02:08 PM
I have my Bachelor's in English and I looooove the classics! I ready P&P& Zombies and was looking for a follow up...I think I may have to make this my next read, maybe on the plane to DISNEY in 4 days! Congrats on everything!!

TiggeRia
05-07-2010, 03:22 PM
I saw that at work the other day and was pointing it out to all my coworkers telling them they should read it because "I know the author from Intercot" :) It looks like a really interesting book-I'll have to pick it up!

SBETigg
05-07-2010, 03:46 PM
You are all so sweet! I love my Intercot family. Thank you.

RedSoxFan
05-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Sherri: I picked up the book in Borders this morning. It was on a display table in the front part of the store.

magicofdisney
05-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Congratulations! I know it feels great when hard work and effort begin to pay off and you're recognized for your talent. Now, get in there and clean those toilets. ;)

Goofster
05-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Wow! Congratulations! I majored in literature at Michigan and Jane Eyre was one of my favorite novels. I actually read it during Spring Break in 2000 when my wife (then girlfriend) went to WDW. Not really into zombies and vampires, but I might have to check your book out since I technically know the author and loved the original Bronte version! :cool:

SBETigg
05-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Wow! Congratulations! I majored in literature at Michigan and Jane Eyre was one of my favorite novels. I actually read it during Spring Break in 2000 when my wife (then girlfriend) went to WDW. Not really into zombies and vampires, but I might have to check your book out since I technically know the author and loved the original Bronte version! :cool:

Fantastic! Most of my male readers are in it for the horror elements. So glad there are a few in it for the literary merits. :thumbsup:

Genna, my life exactly!

TheDuckRocks
05-12-2010, 10:47 AM
THe only good thing about having to go to the doctor's office for blood work this morning was finally getting my paws on the correct People magazine. Congrats, Sherri!

SBETigg
05-12-2010, 11:49 AM
You can always count on the doctor's office for People magazine. But the ones I find there are usually three months old or more, so good for your doctor for keeping current! :thumbsup:

Mousefever
05-12-2010, 12:28 PM

I've only started reading Jane Slayre in the last couple days and it is very hard to put down! I think the literary aspects of Jane Eyre have been nicely retained. I'm also not into vampire books, but the horror aspects of the story blend in seamlessly. Way to go, Sherri!

Amy

SBETigg
05-12-2010, 01:07 PM
I've only started reading Jane Slayre in the last couple days and it is very hard to put down! I think the literary aspects of Jane Eyre have been nicely retained. I'm also not into vampire books, but the horror aspects of the story blend in seamlessly. Way to go, Sherri!

Amy

Amy, thank you. It's always so lovely to hear the reader response. So glad you're enjoying it!

murphy1
05-14-2010, 09:37 AM
The book is fantastic!! Just finished it. Sherri is a great writer and really did Charlotte proud. I love the dedication you did for your friend, Sherri, very sweet tribute.

Shari